September 17, 2006

All Gridded and Ready to Roll

The fabric is gridded and ironed, the threads are in bobbins neatly lined-up like soldiers ready for battle, and I have a set of scroll frames standing at attention. Some time spent on test-stitching this afternoon, and we'll be ready to rock and roll. ^.^

In regards to the test-stitching, I was going to do 2 over 1 tented, but since the fabbie is 32ct, Novia brought up a good point about whether I should be tenting with 1 strand instead. I'm thinking the 2 over would give me much better coverage, but I don't know if it'll end up being too thick.

Gonna be testing out the higher tension I might need to use for this fabric count too. This makes me nervous cos I'm so use to stitching with a looser tension, and I'm afraid that pulling too tight would create unwanted holes in my stitching.

3 comments :

HappyStitcher said...

It's gorgeous J - I think the 2x1 with a tent stitch should be excellent. I have a loose tension stitch also and find the 32 ct a little harder to 'get right' but once I'm in the groove its fine. I can't wait to see your first stitches...

HAED Sexy Fairy said...

Don't worry to much.. it's me who always think in negative way (that's how I survive LOL). Just dive in, normally I worry about nothing....

J said...

Hehe, Wanda, you might see those first stitches sooner than anticipated cos these naughty little gremlins wanna start it ASAP.

I test stitched and I think 2 over 1 is going to work. Tension was ok. ^.^