September 14, 2006

Technologically Savvy?

I think I'm pretty net savvy. My friends sure think so. I'm the one they come to when they have questions and I have no problems looking up stuff on the net, messing with prebuilt codes, ordering stuff online... yada, yada.

I've been toying with the idea of making a website for awhile now, so when I saw Novia's site and followed her link to Enchanting Designz and saw all these pretty pre-built codes, I thought, well, hell, how hard could it be? (sheeesh, there were a lot of commas in there)

So, I narrowed down to two designs based on Nene Thomas' art: Ivy and Memory, downloaded both sets of codes, all ready to set out in the the wonderful, exciting world of making my website. (Ok, so it's based on codes that someone else had built.) ^.~ Loaded it up, and tried as I might, couldn't figure out where and how to access the codes. This was 2 nights ago.

Last night, I decided to do the pitiful, little sad sounding "heeeeeeeeeeelp" call to the DH, who rides to my rescue, looks at me with an all-suffering look, takes the mouse, clicks somewhere and voila..... CODES!!!!!!

DH: So what are you going to do with this?

Me: Build me a website!!! *big smile, while bouncing in my chair*

DH: Umm... how are you going to host it?

Me: *stupid look* Huh?

DH: *another long-suffering look* You know.... how are you going to host it? You can't have it on your computer and have people link to you when it's on. You'd be flooded!!!

Me: *still the same stupid look but with dawning horror* Oh noooooooooo!!!!! I can't do this? How can I host it then?

DH: You have to pay for a site, you know, like when we were looking at yahoo and stuff.

Me: But I don't wanna pay! *pouting now*

DH: Well, how are you going to host up a site then?

Me: *think fish out of water, gasping for air*

Yanno, sometimes I worry about me. I think Baby's insanity is riding the waves of the Pacific Coast to try and get me in its clutches!

3 comments :

Milady Insanity said...

Don't blame me for your own indeficiencies.

J said...

Speaking the truth doesn't constitute as blame. *angelface*

HAED Sexy Fairy said...

Ha ha ha so funny!!!!