December 19, 2006

Finishes!!!!!

I racked up 2 more for the year, and it's a good thing too since they're both Christmas gifts. Actually come to think of it, that's why they got finished. This whole deadline thing really does work wonders for finishes.

Finally got Tiger Reflection done after months of procrastination. Way long overdue, since it was supposed to be Alex's housewarming gift, then his birthday gift, and now finally it's made it through for Christmas. Hey, you know what they say, better late than never. Hehehe. It's framed, wrapped, and ready to be sent out tomorrow. I have to admit, it was tough giving it away, cos it turned out so much better than I expected, and the black fabbie was such a pain in the ass to stitch on in the beginning. But it's ok, since it's going to a good home.

This was a Passione Ricamo chart and I doubled the bottom, minus the heart, to act as a border for Marina and Steve's initials. Stitched 2 over 1 on 18ct cream aida, using rummed raisin and dragonfly hand-dyes by The Dye Is Cast. Gold and peacock seed beads separates the initials. It came out rather well, if I may say so myself. ^.^

2 comments :

HAED Sexy Fairy said...

Very beautiful...
Congratulation on battling black fabby!!!

bells said...

Congrats on 2 LOVELY finishes! See, I knew you could tackle that black fabby! Sorry I wasn't able to stitch with you, but I was there in spirit :)

Hugs, Nikki