February 6, 2007

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

It's been that kind of a day.....

I've had this nagging feeling to check up on the current status of our green card process for the last few days. Today, while checking through a CD at work, (this does broach up the subject of how involved I was with the CD, but we won't go there. *wink*) I was reminded about that again.

Logging on to USCIS yielded this wonderful information:
On January 23, 2007, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence and/or information in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence and/or information requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the information and/or evidence requested, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something further from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service.
Well now, isn't that nice of them to put it so succinctly? It inspires so much confidence and faith!! NOT!!! Especially since it's going on 2 weeks and there is no letter!! You know how at times like this, you either have an upbeat view on things or you think of the absolute worst? Let me tell ya, as laid back and as optimistic a person I am, at this juncture, I was frantic and thinking the absolute worst!!

Called Amber at the lawyer's office but she was with a client. Left her a message and sent an email. Told EVERYBODY I was chatting with online, posted it on the Crafty Coven, called the USCIS customer service, only to be told that sometimes it takes 14 business days for the letters to arrive. Are they kidding me?!? Were they personally walking the letter all the way from Texas and hand delivering it? *rolls eyes*

Of course, I was in no mood to teach after all that shebang. What's a girl to do in this situation other than canceling the lessons and going shopping? Can't really subject the little angels to me being short with them when they misbehaved now, can I? *angel face*

So, I was forced to spent a couple of hours in Barnes and Noble.... got me a grande iced mocha, read an anthology that A was telling me about, and leafed through some cross-stitch magazines; before heading over to Dillard's and buying 2 pairs of Nurture shoes. :D

In between all that, I managed to get a hold of Amber and she said that these letters from the USCIS happens a lot, and not to worry cos it's probably something very minor. I hope so..... praying hard that this will come through quickly and with no trouble at all.



Ooops, almost forgot...
to satisfy the last part of the title, I give you...

Mwa-hahahahahahahaa!!

3 comments :

bells said...

*BIG hugs* Sweety. I'm sure it's only a small misunderstanding, and one day you'll look back on this whole thing and laugh.

HAED Sexy Fairy said...

I remember those feelings too, and all John can say: "Don't worry, it will take yeeaaarrrrsss before they can kick you out of Holland"

No worry dear..

Btw, the Ugly one.. is that what you get when you try to mix a chihuahua with a snake ROFL

sugardoll said...

Hey I just got my 10 yr. green card last year (december). I did not know you are also going into the process. Are you in the removal of conditions stage? I noticed that they are doing this "more evidence" request to those removing conditions. I hope you get it sorted out soon. I'll see if i can find your email address on the bb and send you a link to talk to others who are also having the same concerns! =)