March 19, 2007

Apologies

I've been scarce lately. Have been up to my eyeballs with work, to the point of no online play time from work! Of all the atrocities!!! Really, don't they know that my gracing the office with my presence is enough? ;)

Things have been going slower than I'd like on the stitching end.... BUT I did manage to finish A Bouquet for Cheryl, or as Netts and I fondly call it, CB. After posting it on the Crafty Coven BB, and getting their feedback, I've decided to leave this as the finished piece, and not stitch the cornices that are included in the design. I have to say, I'm supremely pleased by how it turned out, and the color combo is gorgeous, IMO. And it reminds me so much of an Indian/Chinese kinda asian blend. I stitched this for my mil, as a reminder for her everytime she looks at it that we love her.... but I tell ya, I'm hard pressed to keep it for myself. *giggle*

Do you see all the little "fish-dragon heads", as I call it? Come to think of it they look kinda like bunny rabbits too! Don't look at me like you think I'm insane. You KNOW I am. Mwa-hahahaha!!!


A BOUQUET FOR CHERYL
by Marc Davis, Diane Jourdan, and Kat Zak

Stitched 1 over 1 on 25ct Lugana, Sudden Storm by Silkweaver

Floss: Sublime by Carrie's Creation (THANK YOU, BONNIE!!!)

3 comments :

sugardoll said...

yup, me missed yew! *hugs* Welcome back!

Your rose for cheryl (whoever she is) looks gorgeous! And yes girl, we have the same birthday! =D

J said...

Hehehe you. Thanks, missed you too! We have the same b'day???? Celebration time!! :D

Debs said...

Love your stitching!!