September 9, 2007

A Blog? A Blog? A Blog You Say?

I should probably ease myself back to this very foreign weird notion of blogging.... this and carving the time out to visit my beloved Crafty Coven again.

Saying that things have been hectic lately is such an understatement, it's laughable. Days seems to fly by with minutes and hours rushing pass in the blink of an eye, and before I know it, I'm sprawled out on the couch, falling asleep watching ST:TNG. That in it of itself is sacrilegious!! (Although, the first 4 episodes of the series is soooo horrendously awful that it should be forever struck out of the face of the earth. Hehehe.)

I have been nagged (glares at Sittrish) for months to start blogging again and desire to seems to have melted and drizzled away like ice on a hot Florida day. But here I am now, so we'll see how long this bout will last. ;)

At the grocery store today, we were checking out and there was this pregnant lady in front of us. Out of the blue, this was her conversation with the cashier and us:

Lady: I'm buying this cabbage because I read that it's good for drying up milk.

Cashier: Oh.....

Us: *dumb-founded look*

Lady: Yeah, so I'm going to give it a try and see if it works.

Cashier & Us: ........

**cabbage gets rung up, a few moments of silence save for the beeps of the register**

Lady: It's not to be eaten though.

Cashier: Oh.....

Lady: Yeah, you put it, you know.... *makes the motion of putting her palms towards her boobs*

Cashier & me: *looks at her like she's grown 2 heads*

Lady: Well, you're supposed to put it in your bra, and it's supposed to dry up the milk.

Me: Wow.... really?!!

Cashier: I've NEVER heard of that!!

Lady: *to cashier* Well, I'll give it a try, and I'll let you know how it works out.

She pays for her food, walks away, and when it was my turn, the cashier and I looked at each other and busted out laughing.... all the while, the cashier was shuddering and putting her hands up to her ears, saying "I didn't want to know that!! Now I'll never be able to look at a cabbage the same way again!!"

I did tell her though, to make sure to find out all the fine details from the lady her level of success.

Gives a whole new meaning to "stuffed cabbage," doncha think?

3 comments :

Andie said...

Welcome back to blog land :) The lady at the store was a crack up! Imagine telling people that!! She was wrong too.... it doesn't dry up your milk it helps bring in your milk LOL *hugs*

HAED Sexy Fairy said...

Yup, it's not to dry up the milk but to soothe the breast (especially when it's swollen with milk) so that the milk can come out easier and less painful.

But I think the lady will get a surprise with her stuffed cabbage LOL.

sugardoll said...

Hey girl!

I been checking your blog everytime i get the chance. I missed you blogging. So glad you had one up today. How are you?!

The cabbage story is really funny, if i had known that i should not have bothered getting a breast pump when i weaned Connor LOL.

Take care ((hugs))