November 4, 2009

Fixed!! and Some Finishes

Ahhh, the blog is looking all better!!

It's been a hectic few months since I last posted and since I've been doing quite a bit of stitching of late, I'm just going to dive right in and post some finishes. ^.^

Some fantastic news on the baby front (no, not me!!)... my cousin and her hubby had a darling boy in June. In honor of his birth, I stitched EMS's Baby Cow and made it into a birth announcement. Since it's for a boy, I took out the butterflies and blue flowers and added extra bumble bees with their little trails. Finished: June 8th, 2009.



I also discovered The Sweetheart Tree. Bought the Blackberry Heart kit from 123 Stitch and it took me just a few weekends to get it all stitched up for Brenda. For the framing, I found a piece of framed art from Home Goods whose frame and mat were the perfect complement to this piece. Because the blackberries were built so high off the fabric, needed some spacers to set it apart from the glass, and this nice gentleman at Michael's gave me a length of it for free!! I loved the specialty stitches on this piece and I think I'll be doing a lot more of these in the future. Finished: August 31st, 2009.



We started a Stitch-a-thon on the Coven a few months ago where on the first weekend of each month, we get together all over the world and stitch as much as we can. It serves to encourage us to do something no matter how busy of a weekend we're having and the "before and after" pictures are always amazing. Symmetry 2 by the Heritage series was stitched using HDF and DMC and now resides in the guest bathroom. Finished Sept. 7th, 2009.



This was last year's finish.... apparently I never posted it. Dimensions Daydream's "Beach Retreat." Finished Dec. 15th, 2008.



Here's Doxology by My Big Toe Designs that I stitched for mom and dad using 28ct white linen and HDF's Premium Imperial Green (3337) and Quince (1407). Finished: July 8th, 2009.



And last but not least, My Big Toe Designs' The Lord is My Shepherd, Ps. 23 framed!! I stretched it over acid free foamboard before taking it to Michael's. Their gallery glass is amazing!! When we picked it up, I thought that they had forgotten to put a glass over the stitching and actually touched it to make sure. ^.^

No comments :