October 30, 2010

My Finishes Blog

A few friends and I started a blog, Fantastic Finishes, a few years ago with the intention of showcasing our finishes all in one spot. However, over the years, life got in the way, and even though a few of us are still fast friends, the blog's upkeep has been neglected.

I haven't been happy with the layout of my Finishes Album in Picasa. Don't get me wrong, it fine for viewing everything in a grid at a glance, and can easily be enlarged, but that white background is oh.... soooo boring. ;) I find such pleasure in looking at larger pictures on blogs and google and marveling at the talent of the designer and stitcher and that got me thinking...

Why not start a personal Finishes blog? It'll be an off shoot of this blog, and linked through the Finishes tab at the top. I'd fashion it for the pictures doing most of the talking with me boring you reminiscing on my thought processes for each project! What do you guys think?

It's taking awhile and is harder than I thought, but I think it's going to be fun!

4 comments :

ana~stitch said...

That sounds great, Joy!! I know what you mean about oggling over your finished projects. I keep pics of my finishes along with stats and who they were for in a little journal. I know - old school! :)

Kit said...

Ok firstly: love your finishes posts. It's nice to hear the story and experience behind your finishes :) and they're so *beautiful*!

*secondly - a bug in blogger? I clicked "Albums" on your "My Finishes Blog" post, it opened in a new tab, then I went back to the tab with (this post I'm commenting on), clicked "add comment" and it loaded the 'comments' page in the 'Albums' tab! Weird...

Joysze said...

Ana, there's something to be said about having physical photos to look through cos you can do that anywhere and anytime. :)

H, thanks. ;) And thanks for calling my attention to the tab problems. Blogger redid their code and somewhere somehow, opening links in multiple tabs got deleted from my code. Bah! It's all fixed now. :D

Andie said...

What a wonderful idea! I have had a quick look and as always I LOVE looking at your stitching :D Will be back to read properly when the kids are in bed :D