November 22, 2010

Taj Mahal Mandala - Taj's

Well, it's been a rough couple of weeks on the stitching front. I don't know where the time has gone, but I'm not getting as much done as I'd like. Of course, there was that little mishap where I doubled the ply of the half crosses behind the Taj's. ;) That's all sorted out and the frogging wasn't too bad, I have to say, thank goodness!

The in-laws are due in any day for the next couple of months as well, and I think there will be less time. I'll try to stitch as much as I can though, cos Taj was getting to the point where I was picking up speed.

Here are a couple of pics of my progress as of last week. The East-West Taj's are halfway done. All the stitches are in and I'm working on the specialties... there are a LOT of algerians in this one. LOL!!!


11 comments :

ana~stitch said...

So pretty, Joyce!! Brings back happy memories for sure! This is still my favorite finish and yours looks spectacular!!

Ineke said...

Your Taj stitching is just gorgeous!

Shannon said...

So pretty! I hope to stitch this one day.

Andie said...

Absolutly gorgeous! I love this one!!

Kit said...

Wow! Such cute mini-Taj Mahals! (gave up trying to work out the plural of Taj) X-D

Stitching Noni said...

Looks fabulous, well done :-)
Can't wait to see the end result

Isadarena said...

Wow!! Joyce, I love too much your Taj and you are tempted me a lot but I have to resist to can stitch on my Japanese Garden and on my Marie-Antoinette Mandala....thanks so much for these great close-ups ....oh !!! after looking at your photo, I realize you are using scroll frames, aren't you?? and I wished to ask you if you used a table, a lap or a floor stand frame ??
Have a sweet day ,
Isa

Joysze said...

Thanks girls for all the compliments! :D It's so much fun being about to share my stitching with you.

Isa, I love your Japanese Garden progress, so I'm glad you're sticking with that. :D Yes!! I'm using scroll frames as well. It actually sits on the couch on either side of me. I'll take some pics to show you. :D

ArabicaMix said...

Joysze,
I like your photos. I enjoy when I see large stitches. This is a very beautiful and interesting. Your Taj looks gentle and sweet.

Charbsandthebumpydog said...

Its lovely, I would love to attempt a chatelaine, they look stunning, yours is no exception. I'm jelous!! I'm trying to pursuade DH to take me to see the Cirque du soleil in the UK at some point. I love your blog! Thank you so much for the lovely comments you leave on mine xxx.

Joysze said...

Charlie, you should!! But I warn you, they're addictive. I'm sure all the ladies here will attest to that as well. ;) Good luck with hubby and Cirque. I'm sure you'll be able to persuade him. *giggle* And thanks so much for your compliment about my blog. I enjoy yours tremendously as well. :D