December 14, 2010

Busted Light Bulb

I'm out a stitching light... siiiiiiigh.

Our thermostat broke 2 nights ago and we found out that it had to be replaced with a special thermostat for only HVAC systems. So the guy came yesterday and we moved my OttLite to the foyer so that he'd have a more focused light to work with.

Well... the light bulb must have gotten loose or something because when we moved it back, it fell out and shattered!!!! So now, I have to find a replacement and I hope I can, as the light I have is out of production. :(

4 comments :

Wendy said...

ay, that is to bad !
I´m so lucky that I can stitch with my normal lamp on, in the eavening.
but with this dark grey weather ( winter ) we are having over here I often find I can no longer stitch with just day light.
I don´t mind winter, but when it comes to the light I do prefere summer !

Andie said...

Oh! That sux! Hope you can find a replacement!!

Angela said...

With the use of LED Lights we can save upto 70% electricity bills. We have saved a lot of money, and reduced our environmental impact. Nice post! Thanks for sharing.

dimmable led lights

laurylyan said...

Oops! That's bad! I hope you found a replacement...
On the other hand... What I did for my students )(who don't have the money to afford a real "Daylight Company" lamp (the cheaper we can find around here is 150,- euros)
I bought them cheap office lamps from Ikea and bought them Daylight Co. 20W Bulbs with edison screw. That way they'll have a good stitching lamp for stitching at a more than reasonable price.

Buying just the bulbs and putting them in your regular lamps is more than a good and cheap solution to this problem :-)