January 24, 2011

Terrace Arch - 2nd Update

I was hoping to have gotten a lot more done for our International Hermit and Stitch Day, but we hung out with my cousin and her family and had some really yummy Malaysian food and a grand ol'time.

I think I probably stitched about a total of 6-7 hours on Saturday and about 5 hours on Sunday. I wanted to make up a bit  of stitching time on Sunday, but I had a 25% off entire purchase at Michael's so I thought.... "HEY!!! Perfect time to stock up on additional DMC!"

So there I was, scooting around on my bum, with my DMC Floss List, ticking off the colors as I went. I wanted to pick up 2 extra sets in preparation of all the new Chatelaines (hehehehe), but it was a tough process. They had skeins in the wrong bins, empty bins, and then something a handful of different colors in one bin.

2 hours and a headache later, I surrendered. LOL! I did manage to get about 2/3 of 2 full sets, so I figured the next time I come across another 25% off, I'll complete the sets.

Here are the before and after pictures of Terrace Arch:

Before: Jan. 20th, 2011
After: Jan. 24th, 2011

11 comments :

missy-tannenbaum said...

That looks like a ton of progress, and it's quite pretty, too! Good luck with the rest of the project!

Ineke said...

You did make a wonderful progress!
I have been looking for a picture ofthe completed design: it is very 'vacation feelings'.

demeter83 said...

Wow, you got absolutely loads done, it looks brilliant. Congratulations!

Yvon (jioya) said...

I think you did great, love the colors, looks like the pots they all have in the south of France.

Hugs Yvon.

Lesleyanne said...

Wow you've got loads done. It looks great. Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog - they are much appreciated. Heres to next week's international hermit and stitch day.

Pauline said...

You have done a lot of work!

TammyK said...

Looks like you had a great hermit day. Progress looks great :) Looking forward to the next one.

Andie said...

Wow! Looks like heaps of progress to me!! :D

vEr0n!c@ said...

You are one SPEEDY stitcher, Joyce. So much progress in just four days!

Bec said...

All that in four days??? Geez, you are one quick stitcher!

It looks great! Looking forward to seeing more :)

Kttycat said...

Wow you got a lot of progress done. I agree with Michaels DMC, its always everywhere... and I work at a Michaels. LOL.