January 28, 2011

Terrace Arch - 3rd Update

I manage to get all the foliage and bannisters stitched, but this sooooo ain't getting done by Monday. LOL!!! Maybe if I don't do anything and stitch all weekend, but we're expecting a busy one. I'm making dinner for my cousin tomorrow (we usually get together every weekend and alternate houses), then the usual chores and errands, and I want to have everything ready for my parents' visit next Tuesday.

I don't know if I've mentioned that they're coming from Malaysia. The poor dears are going to be so tired after traveling for 30+ hours.

Oh well... new finishing deadline: Before my parents leave (Feb. 26th), since I'll be sending it home with them. I have all the flowers to finish on this bottom half and then houses and mountains in the background. I know I won't have as much stitching time when they're here, but I think that's doable, don't you? :S

Before: Jan. 24th, 2011
After: Jan. 27th, 2011

11 comments :

Lesleyanne said...

I think this is stunning. You have made lovely progress.

Kttycat said...

Good luck on the new deadline. I think you can do it! Hope you have fun with your visits.

Pauline said...

Still going strong! you can do it!!!

Pointed Stitcher said...

So pretty, you are doing a great job.

Crystal said...

You have made amazing progress, I love this piece and I'm enjoying your updates. HAve fun with your family visits.

Bec said...

Oh, great progress!
It's definitely doable! Think positive and you'll get it done.

Over 30 hours!? I bet they'll be tired!!

Gosh, that is such a stunning design! I can't stop staring at it lol.

Looking forward to your next update,
Happy Stitching

Bec

Esther said...

Reading this comment? Go stitching!!! LOL

More than 30 hours travel? Oh my and I was thinking the 16 hour trip to the usa was heavy....

Have a wonderful weekend!

Wendy said...

It's beautiful!

Stitching Noni said...

Wow Joyce, you have been busy! Well done, great progress over the last couple of days!

Must be exciting waiting for your mum and dad to arrive :-)

Good luck with finishing this for them - I know you will get it done!

http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/

Isadarena said...

I love this design and many congratulations on your progress : so nice !!
Have a great Sunday,
Isa

Always smiling said...

You have made such progress you must have had smoking needles!! And it is lovely.. well done.
Such a journey for your parents, we went to Australia 2009 and each leg of our journey was 11 hours plus and it was exhausting. DH wants to go this year again and we are looking into going Business class so we have space to lie down!
Happy Stitching
Thank you for your kind comments on my blog, come and visit if you have time and get your name down for my givaway.
Chris x