January 17, 2011

Terrace Arch - A New Start

Before I get into the matter in hand, I want to thank all of you for your condolences and words of comfort about my grandma. They mean a lot to me. *hugs* I'm doing better... if I think about it too much, I tear up, so I try not to, and find comfort in the fact that I know she's in an infinitely better place.

My Aunt Pat, whom grandma lived with, is my favorite aunt. We were very close when I was little and no matter the physical distance, the bond is always there. When I was 11, I stitched my first 'grown-up' cross stitch gift was for her. It was a country scene with either a building or church in the background... I can't remember now. I really need to take a picture of it the next time I'm home for a visit. But, I digress...

She's been asking me to stitch something for her for a few years now. Always in the nicest possible way, she tells me, "Stitch me something small, but only when you have time. I want to display it." I bought Terrace Arch last year just for her, and with my parents' visit and Namaste's finish, I thought that this would be the perfect time. I'm hoping to get this done in 2 weeks (HAH!!) as I doubt I'd have very much stitching time when my parents are here. Wish me luck!

7 comments :

Charbsandthebumpydog said...

That is a wonderful design, and so peacefull. It will treasured forever, lovely. But good luck with your two weeks, it would take me two months a least!!

Pauline said...

Haha, do you want to borrow my pepperneedles???
I wish you good luck with this work for your ant, you can do it!!

Andie said...

What a lovely piece! Good luck getting it done in your time frame! You can do it! Your super fast :D *hugs*

Joysze said...

Pauline yes!!! Send me your pepperneedles. LOL!

Jennie said...

What a lovely design. Wishing you speedy needles - you can do it! :D

Mercury said...

That is a wonderful design!!!

Rachel said...

That is a very beautiful piece! Very serene and peaceful, and I am sure your Aunt will love it. Good luck getting it done in two weeks!! I can't wait to see it finished :)