February 26, 2011

Sad Day... Happy Memories

My parents left at the crack of dawn this morning. We left for the airport at about 4:30 and their flight took them far, far away from me at 6:38. I was brave though... did not cry much, but it was hard waking up after my nap and not see them puttering around.

I've just checked the next leg of their flight, and their en route to Singapore via Japan now. There's hardly any cleaning to do as my mom did that all before they left. Silly mommy. Not much tending to do with the orchids either, as they've never had it so good while my dad was here.

Right now, I'm sitting here, drinking some Malaysian coffee, trying to get back to life as usual. Today, I'm planning on trying to catch up on some neglected forums, blog reading, and work. Life will get back to normal soon, time has a way of doing that. But right now, I keep tearing up just thinking about them flying home.

So, I'm going to post some pictures instead. My title did say 'Happy Memories' after all. :) (I will leave these images on the 'medium' setting since there are quite a few of them.)

LION COUNTRY SAFARI:



Hubby took this gorgeous picture
as the butterfly was flitting around for nectar.







Feeding the lorys. I had SO much fun!

Rock star!!

The lory that's perched on hubby's waist saw his water bottle and decided to investigate.
Before we knew it, his friend decided to join in the fun. :D

Awwwwwwwww!!!! 'Nough said.

BILLY SWAMP SAFARI:


Cockatoo or cap hair?
You be the judge. LOL!!!!

Airboat.


A view of the swamp during the airboat ride.


Now THIS is living in harmony!

AT HOME:

I came home one day to this!!!
The last time the screens got cleaned this good
was during my parents' last visit. ;)


Hmmm... I wonder if I can spirit this away
without them noticing. :D

THE ORCHIDS!!







17 comments :

Isadarena said...

Oh !! My Joyce,very often, I was thinking you were really sorrowful when your parents had to go away for Malaysia and so far from you :-(
Fortunately, you have Satish to confort you:-)
Every photo is just wonderful and you deserve a great thank you for sharing them with us , your friends around the world.
I send you many sweet kisses ,
Isa

Crystal said...

I'm so happy that you had a wonderful visit with your parents, and so sad for you that its over. thank you so much for sharing some of your beautiful pictures and memories with us.

Lesleyanne said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely photos. I am so sad for you that your parents don't live nearby I can't imagine how your feel when they leave. Take Care.

Pauline said...

What a wonderful pictures, they all tell a story...you have such a great days with your parents!
I understand that it was hard to let them go, so far, far away...
I love the smile on your face, you looked very happy!
So still keep all this precious moments, and keep smiling, remembering those days!
I'll be sure you meet them again!

with love,
Pauline

Mercury said...

Wonderful pictures!!!!Thank you !!!!

Jenny said...

So, I have a question for you and an offer:
- How did you train your parents to clean your house for you? ;-) When my parents visit, nothing of that sort happens, even though MIL will give me "helpful hints" on how to keep up with the household chores...
- And since you had such a great time feeding the lories, you are always welcome to visit my house and feed the 15 screaming conures that I live with. Plus, as an extra treat, you are welcome to take one or two with you home....

On a more serious note, your pictures are gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing with us! Joyce, I feel your pain about missing your parents. I hope that you will get to visit with them soon again! I am thinking about you and sending hugs your way!

wendy111 said...

Thanks for sharing your photos and memories. Looks like you had a wonderful time during your parents visit. My mother also does lots of cleaning and gardening when she visits (with no need for training!).

Treasure your memories until the next time you meet

Happy stitching and what are you going to do between now and April?

Joysze said...

Thank you all for your hugs and comfort. We're planning a trip home next year and on their last night here, my parents were planning out the places to visit while I reminded them all the food I wanted to eat. LOL!

Jenny, you cracked me up. My parents cames trained. Hehehe. The dishwasher hardly got used while they were here cos my dad washed everything by hand. Ooh , 'suggestions'. That can't be fun any way you see it. As for the offer, how loudly do those colorful beauties actually scream. ;)

Wendy, it'll be Taj all the way till April. I'm hoping to have it close to being done when CG comes out. :D

TammyK said...

Beautiful pictures. Looks like you had a great time with them :)

Bec said...

It's always hard to say goodbye to your parents. I'm going to go through the same thing mid way through april.

Looks like you had a great time while they were visting :)
I am very jealous! I would love to go to Lion Country Safari, it looks like a lot of fun.
Love the turtle on the crocodile! lol
The Orchids are gorgeous! I may have to steal a few while your not looking!! :P lol

Happy Stitching
Bec

Bec said...

It's always hard to say goodbye to your parents. I'm going to go through the same thing mid way through april.

Looks like you had a great time while they were visting :)
I am very jealous! I would love to go to Lion Country Safari, it looks like a lot of fun.
Love the turtle on the crocodile! lol
The Orchids are gorgeous! I may have to steal a few while your not looking!! :P lol

Happy Stitching
Bec

Rachel said...

You have such a gorgeous family Joyce! And you are an extremely strong woman, I don't know if I could handle having my parents so far away from me (they live next door!). I am so glad you had such an amazing time with them :) I enjoyed looking through your photos, they are beautiful!

ana~stitch said...

Awww sweetie, I can totally understand the "bittersweet" of a visit from loved ones. Youre sooo lucky to have such a great relationship with them, not everyone has that :) BTW, the mermaid pic looks beautiful!

Yany said...

Thank you Joy, for sharing this wonderful pics with us, you have a beautiful family, and you're so pretty, like your mom!! ;)

I'm sending you a lot of hugs dear!!

Novia said...

Great pictures. Don't be sad.. I hope I can get back my BB from John and chatty chatty again with you. Big hugs for you.

Natalija said...

Wonderful pics. Thanks for sharing!

Andie said...

*hugs* I can totally understand your sadness, I bet your Mum and Dad are going to miss you a lot too, it looks like you had a wonderful visit with them!