March 9, 2011

Taj Mahal Garden - 2/3 Done

A day late, but nevertheless, here it is. :D I managed to finish the top 1/3 of the flower border over the weekend and it's glorious!! The colors are both sweet and vibrant at the same time and it's breathtaking in person. There were many an amusing moment as all sorts of "faces" appeared while the colors were being filled in in the top corner paisleys. Drats, I should have taken pics to show you guys. No matter, I will do so when I'm working on the bottom section.

2/3 of stitching done.

I also took a couple of close up pictures of the top corners. Notice the color variances in the paisleys and the minute differences in the flowers?

Top left corner

Top right corner

17 comments :

bren9217 said...

OMG Joyce! This is absolutely gorgeous!!!! You have done a magnificent job on it!!

Keep the crack coming! hahahahahaha
Love you bunches!

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely progress - not long now until your happy dance.

Crystal said...

Wow your needle has been flying, it is looking fantastic looking forward to seeing more.

Pauline said...

It is an amazing piece of needlework!

wendy111 said...

Wow Joyce, just gorgeous! Beautiful stitching and I love the subtle design changes. These changes are part of the joy of stitching a Chatelaine.

Jennie said...

Oh wow! That is SOOO gorgeous! Awesome speedy stitching too, can't wait to see it finished. :D

Yany said...

Lovely Joy!!!

Esther said...

I keep repeating myself....cant help it LOLZ.....I love the taj mahal!!!...its sooooooo beautiful!

Giovanna said...

I just love this design - your stitching is awesome!

Blu said...

Spectacular! The colours are so soft and pretty!

TammyK said...

The more you sew the prettier it gets :)

Isadarena said...

Oh my !! Joyce, more I see your Taj Mahal updates and more I want to start on it : so, so gorgeous and the colors so sweet :-))

Topcho said...

Ohh, it so beautiful! Love the colours!

Bec said...

I am lost for words! Stunning!
Can't wait to see more :)

Novia said...

Great progress!!! I am waiting for the happy dance!!

Pointed Stitcher said...

This is so, so, sooooo beautiful ;)

Lonneke said...

Oh, it's so gorgeous! Your stitching is excellent and I love those colors and the variegated thread! It really is eye candy!