May 5, 2011

Chinese Garden Mandala - Some close ups

I wasn't going to post today, cos I didn't want to bore you guys with more photos, but I couldn't help it.... Chinese Garden is sooooo gorgeous!!!

I didn't tell you guys, but I was soooo tempted to call in sick a few days this week so I could stay home and spend time with this baby. ;) All the grass and rice fields are finished, and the roof top is missing the metallic +, which will go in tonight. Hopefully I'll have parts 1 and 2 finished this weekend. :D Couldn't resist taking some close ups as well....




It was fun reading your comments about on the direction of your X's. I had NO idea so many of you stitch the way I do!!! This is so cool!!! :D Lonneke... I can't believe that framer put it upside down! That would've driven me insane, and I'd have to redo it so that my stitches go the 'right' way. LOL!!!

19 comments :

vEr0n!c@ said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! I can't wait to see more. I'm still saving up for the floss/kit so I won't be starting until June earliest :( In the meantime, I'm having fun looking at your WiP pics :D

Andie said...

Gorgeous Gorgeous GORGEOUS!!!!!

anojaa said...

I love it! Can't wait to see more. Think I will give you those sick leaves so that you can work on it and I can see more of it :)

mywips said...

very very beautiful!

Lesleyanne said...

Gorgeous. Lovely progress. Still trying to work out how I do my crosses lol.

Yvon (jioya) said...

Thank you fot the close up's.
This is a beautiful piece, good luck with the roof and the metalic
threads.

Hugs Yvon.

Isadarena said...

Wow Joyce, I am in awe before your close-up : really stunning and so gorgeous :-))
Have a lovely week-ned,

Pauline said...

Wowowowoowowowow, please take pictures every day!!! It is so beautiful!

Rachel said...

Such beautiful stitching, Joyce! I can't wait to see your finished part 2! It was so fun to stitch! Then I won't be lonely in (in)patiently waiting for part 3, lol. :)

Lonneke said...

lol, you're a bad girl for wanting to take sick days to stitch. Bad girl!
(hahaha, but it is so much fun to do it! Sometimes being bad is actually good for the soul! ;) )

And...please bore us as much as you like. Give us something to drool over.
It's gorgeous!

Her Boudoir said...

Really lovely! Makes me want to start another Chatelaine!

Maria said...

Beautiful stitching, Joyce!

Joy said...

Wowsers!!! That first pic looks 3D. I am so glad you took the close ups. Its jus amazing and gorgeous. I can't wait to see more pics.

Jodie said...

OMG! This is absolutely amazing! I can't believe the detail and all of the different techniques you're using! Nice work!!

Esther said...

It's sooooooooooooo beautifull!!!

A friend of mine showed me a pattern from Ink Circle: Namaste.
I remembered yours.....I never knew the meaning of this word. Now I know.....I think your mother-in-law was very happy with it!!! It's very special to get something like that!

I should know huh....you never do something without a deeper reason ;))

mdgtjulie said...

It looks really great. I love the metallics. They're gorgeous. Grats on the progress!!

ana~stitch said...

Sooooooo beautiful Joyce!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the close-ups too, keep them coming!

ps bottom /// top \\\ I'm right-handed but eat left-handed, wrap flowers left-handed and do the Macarena left-handed too!

Mia said...

Oh, I love this one :) You are making such fast progress with it! Congratulations!!