August 8, 2011

Bunny Baby Birth Announcement

This weekend saw my procrastination catching up with me. :S My cousin's 2nd baby is due in a week, and as of last week, I still haven't started the birth announcement she wanted me to stitch for this baby. For her oldest boy, who was born in the Lunar Year of the Cow, I stitched Ellen Maurer-Stroh's Cow Baby and made some color adjustments for it to be more suited to a boy. I also added all the pertinent information to make it into an easily framable 8x10 piece.

For this second one, since this is the Year of the Rabbit, Maurer-Stroh's Bunny it is. :) The before picture is as of Friday night and the after was before I went to bed last night. I was really hoping to finish it over the weekend, but had the hardest time getting into it. :) Not too bad though.... only the backstitching (YUCK!!! LOL) is left, and then the pertinent information will be added in once the baby is born.

Before

After

As soon as this is done, I can give Chinese Garden Pt. 5 some love. :)

18 comments :

Carrie said...

How adorable!

Jennifer M. said...

This is too cute! I love it.

Jen

Pauline said...

What a lovely bunny!

TammyK said...

Wow! You did some major stitching. Great job!

Jenny said...

That bunny baby looks great - you are almost there. I am cheering on from the sideline!
:-)

Yvon (jioya) said...

That looks lovely, and a quick stitch, i hope you'll show the finished piece?

Hugs Yvon.

Vani said...

I love that baby series! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Topcho said...

So cute! Love the bunny, and the cow too!

valerie said...

Cute! And a year of the bunny baby...yay! I'm partial since I'm a bunny too. :)

The Maiden said...

This is just darling!

demeter83 said...

That's pretty impressive for a weekends worth of work! Very sweet!
Happy backstitching - mouhaha!

Heidi said...

Cute, cute, cute!! :D

Novia said...

So cute :-) Lovely.

jcat0629 said...

this is adorable J!!! I love it!

Lesleyanne said...

Great progress on a cute design. Good luck with the back stitch, double yuck.

Joy said...

So cute. Love it.

wendy111 said...

Very cute Joyce - and I love that the designs have been chosen to match the birth year animals. Look forward to seeing finished with the backstitch

Lauren - Ambitious Stitches said...

Very cute sampler!! You did a great job getting it stitched up in a hurry.

I actually enjoy the backstitching on projects... perhaps I should start a business where people send me there charts to be backstitched for a fee! LOL

Can't wait to see this one all finished up.