August 20, 2011

Welcome, Baby Colin!

Before I show you guys a picture of the baby to ooh and aah over, I'd like to say a huge "THANK YOU" for your compliments on the Fern finishings. I am humbled and appreciative for the requests for a tutorial on how I did it, and of course I'll share. :)

Unfortunately, I was 'duh' enough not to have taken pictures of the process, and what fun is a tutorial without pics, right? I'm happy to report, though, that I won't have to wait till Ivy is finished, as I've been putting off the finishings for a Chatelaine mini stitched by a friend for a long while now. So, if you guys would please bear with me for a few days, I just need to run out to find some blue ribbons and I'll be good to go on that project. :D

Now, on to the matter at hand.... please meet Baby Colin. Isn't he the cutest? My cousin had him at 11:30 last night and everyone is doing well.



With his arrival came all the info I need to finish his birth announcement. :)


We were out most of the day, and I've hardly hermitted... so I'm going to catch up on some blogs now, and the hermit the rest of the weekend away.

21 comments :

Jennifer M. said...

O how sweet! Congrats to your cousin. Colin is so precious. Newborn babies are such a joy.

Time to hermit Missy! Can't wait to see what you are stitching. I'm actually making some great progress on "J" this weekend. I give myself a pat on the back cause the last two weeks I didn't have much steam to work on it at all.

Jen

wendy111 said...

He is very cute (and a reasonable size!), and the birth announcement looks lovely.

Congrats to your cousin and you.

mdgtjulie said...

Cute baby!! Grats to your cousin and her family! Happy hermitting!!

sharine said...

A very handsome little man and his birth announcement looks great

Nicola said...

Congratulations to the new parents! xx

Shebafudge said...

Awww such a cutie! Looking forward to the tutorial! Thank you x

Pauline said...

Congrats with cute baby Colin!!

Lesleyanne said...

Congrats on the birth of baby Colin. He is a cutie. Love the baby sampler you finished for him.

Mouse said...

ooooo can't wait for the tutorial and woooo hooooo to the new parents ... he is a real cutie pie and well done on getting the last bits finished on his sampler too :) love mouse xxxx

Kaisievic said...

Hi Joysze, the new baby in your family is soooo gorgeous. Such a blessing. Your baby sampler is very cute. Lovely stitching. Can't wait to see your tutorial on how Fern was finished. I also have a question. What exactly is hermitting? Is it when you don't blog for a few days because you want to get some stitching done?

cheers, Kaye xoxox

Esther said...

aaaawwww so cute! congratz!
the announcement is beautiful!

Yvon (jioya) said...

your sampler is just right for little Colin.
He's looking very sweet.
Enjoy your hermitting day.

Hugs Yvon

Jenny said...

What a sweetie! I love that little face - too cute!
The birth sampler is perfect; love the text color and style!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Colin is so cute, nice healthy weight too, inbetween my two.
It's funny how the 1940/50s names are coming back - I met a baby Barry recently!

Steph said...

Colin is beautiful! Love the birth announcement, very sweet.

Gizzimomo said...

He's a real cutie!

Carolyn said...

Congratulations to your cousin and family. Colin is so precious. I love the birth announcement you stitched for him.

Mireille said...

Congratulations. He is so sweet.
Enjoy these beautiful days.
Hugs,
mireille

Anne said...

He is so sweet and precious. Congrats to the happy couple and to you for a new cousin!! Love his sampler :D

jcat0629 said...

OMG He is SO amazingly beautifully adorable. Congrats to your cousin & the new addition to all of your family!

♥ Nia said...

ohhh so cuute!! =)
congratulations to the parents and family!! :D
Lovely stitching, that piece looks adorable!! :)