September 1, 2011

Chinese Garden Mandala - West Moongate

We got such a nice present from Martina in Pt. 6 of the Chinese Garden Mandala this month!!! In addition to the West Moongate, the chart for the Spring Scene is included!!! *squeeeeeee*

Since I spent the extra time and stitched all the bricks for the West moongate last month, I spent a few hours last night and finished the rice fields scene in it. Didn't get to bed till 3am, but it was well worth it. ;)



On related news, Martina released the nearly final preview of Butterfly Elegance, a companion to Hummingbird Sparkly Mandala. How absolutely gorgeous is that???!! The first thing that grabbed me... nope, not the butterflies.... is the vines and leaves around the butterflies. All that green.... glorious, gorgeous greens!! It was enough to give me heart palpitations!! :D

On non-related news, a few of you guessed it! I added Mermaid of the Deep Blue to my side bar. This will be my next big Mirabilia. You see, I have great plans for them. We're going to do a Mira wall in our home. A tiny one since I'm running out of wall space (one of the hazards of having an open floor plan home). Circle of Friends has been in residence for a long while now, and when I finished Petal Fairy, hubby suggested putting them on the same wall. They looked great!!

Then, I got to thinking.... would Mermaid of Atlantis look good there? Hmm.... nope, cos she's too narrow. Would MotDB work? That has always been one of my favorite Mira mermaids, again... see the greens? ;) A quick few seconds to check the measurements and O HAPPY DAY!!!!!! It works!! So, my Mira wall will have a fairy, three ladies, and two mermaids... all the elements that make up Nora's very prolific designs.

A sneak peak of what the wall will look like. I had to Photoshop in MotDB and Petal Fairy still needs to be framed. Fairy resting above, ladies on the green earth, and mermaids in the sea. Oh.... I'm so excited just thinking about it!!! What do you guys think? :)

19 comments :

Ineke said...

Absolutely gorgeous, the wall with the Mirabilias! It will be a difficult choice what to stitch first.

Rachel said...

I love your post, Joyce! I love the West Moon Gate, and am so excited to be stitching the Spring scene this month too :). Your Mira wall looks stunning too! Wow! :D

Lissanne said...

I really need to catch up on Chinese! I can't wait to see your spring scene!! I love the order of your Mira's. I can't wait to see your start. I have this one on my to do list, but I have to many Chats I am trying to do right now. I need more time or someone to stitch some for me, lol.

Carrie said...

I think it looks just great!

jcat0629 said...

Oh faint - Joyce I love the West Moongate. All of it is spectacular! Your stitching is impeccable!!!!

I've told you before that I absolutely love your & hubby's idea of the Mira wall. MOTDB will be the perfect piece for the wall to complete the whole theme.

Jenny said...

I am thinking that I love your future Mira Wall!
I also think that rice fields are really pretty. It is calming and soothing just to peak through that wall. Happy sigh.

Heidi said...

THe Chat is fab......the Mira was is fab......you are FAB! :)

♥ Nia said...

Gorgeous idea for a Mirabilia wall!!! :D

Heli said...

I think it will be gorgeous if you can find frames for the two that are similar to the frame on Circle of Friends. Similar frames will give it some much-needed harmony and so it will not look too restless/chaotic even though all of the projects are stitched on different-colour fabrics. Good luck with this project, I'm very much looking forward to seeing the outcome!

valerie said...

CGM is looking great! I've been planning on a Mira wall too. You have more big Mira's stitched than I do so you're on a roll! Love it!

Topcho said...

Those three Miras look perfect together! Those different fabrics you chose too! Can't see the mermaids in stitches :D

Anne said...

Squeals with Joyce!!! Love the progress on the Mandala! And I adore her new butterfly mandala too. Your wall will be pretty spectacular with all the ladies there. Can't wait to see them up on your wall!!

Hugs

Charbs and the Bumpy Dog said...

I simply can't wait to see come pics of the spring garden of CM. I know at least a couple of people are busilly stitching away, (holds breath in anticupations of pics).

Butterfly garden is stunning, I want to stitch every design Martins releases. Next year will be 'Year of the Chatelaine' for me. Mwwaa haa haa!!

Your wall will look fab. My hubby only lets me have a couple of finishes up so I have to rotate them :-(

Isadarena said...

Oh Joyce ! your wall with the Mirabilia is just gorgeous ! Many, many congratulations on your new Chinese Mandla wip too :-)
have a lovely day,
Isa

mdgtjulie said...

That will be beautiful, Joysze. And I'm very partial to the Butterfly Lace Mandala too. It's gorgeous. I love the filigreed look of it. That may have to go in my rotation after I finish Desert Garden.

Rhona said...

The new butterfly mandala is to die for! Why can't there be more hours in the day (and more pennies in the pocket) for stitching all these wonderful charts!

wendy111 said...

I love your Mira wall - the mermaids balance the collection beautifully.

I love butterfly as well - it is gorgeous!

Chinese Garden is looking fabulous.

Novia said...

Sounds like GREAT plan!!

Andrea said...

That will look fantastic!