December 27, 2011

2012 Stitching Plans and WIPocalypse

My 2012 stitchy plans have been rolling around in the noggin for a few weeks now. I had things pretty set, but much to my delight, Martina threw a wrench in it when she released the first pictures of the Serengeti Mandala. :D I've only been waiting for an African mandala for years so, needless to say, plans got changed. ;)

I've joined Measi's WIPocalypse 2012, and am looking forward to loads of drool-worthy updates from everyone involved. If you haven't had a chance to head over there to see what it's all about, there's still time.

Ok, all the planning and shuffling have been boiled down to this:

Chinese Garden Mandala - Chatelaine
The last part will be released in March 2012. Hopefully, I'll have kept up nicely
and we will have a finish in the first quarter of next year.

Butterfly Lace Mandala
This will be a Jan. 1st, 2012 start. I'm stitching this for my mommy,
and it needs to be done for my trip home next year.

Spring Knotgarden - Chatelaine
I'm way behind on this project. All the parts have been released,
so it's just a matter of catching up... HAH!!!

Serengeti Mandala - Chatelaine
Release date: March 1st, 2011
I won't be starting this till I finish Chinese Garden. However, since the kits take awhile,
hopefully everything will line up nicely and it'll get to me right after CG is done. :D

Year of the Pig
For Big P, the oldest boy of a dear friend.

Year of the Tiger
For Little P, the younger boy of the same dear friend.

Oriental Grace - Joan Elliott
I bought this kit awhile ago, and when a friend sent me PTP's Valor,
there was no doubt in my mind that Grace will have to be stitched sooner rather than later.

Mermaid of Atlantis - Mirabilia
The challenge is to have her finished in 55 hours.
I highly doubt I'd be able to do it. :)

Pixie Couture - Mirabilia
From to left: Bluebell, Sweet Pea, Gardenia, Magnolia, Poppy, Lilac.
I'm going to try and fit them in between bouts of Chatelaines.

27 comments :

MoonBeam said...

Wow, that is a very ambitious list. I love those Chatelaine projects- they are amazing. I have a kit, but haven't started it yet.

Look forward to seeing your progress.

Bobbi

Andie said...

Oh what lovely stitchy plans! :D Can't wait to see them

Xeihua (Sara) said...

Great plan list :D I know someone (reads me) will be stalking your blog over and over to see your progresses, especially on the mandalas ;) eheheh... And I'll be the one pushing you to finish the Mermaid in less than the 55h eheheh :D

Ruth said...

Love the pieces and looking forward to seeing your updates on them.

Siobhan said...

Sweet! I'll enjoy watching your progress! I am making my list and keep remembering new things. Yikes. It'll be fun, though! :)

natalyK said...

Joyce, I have been eyeing the Serengeti Mandala as well. I can't wait to see the progress on your projects, Happy Stitching1

The Crafty Princess said...

OMG Love a woman with a plan LOL! Good luck on all of it. I hope you will succeed as I can't wait to see them all stitched up. 55 hours for a mermaid, if anyone can do it it's you...xox

Claudette497 said...

What a great year you've planned! I look forward to watching things unfold!

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

Wow Joyce - I can not wait to stalk your blog over the coming months, you have such gorgeous projects planned!

Tama said...

Woah... that is one INCREDIBLE list! Best of luck - they're all gorgeous!

Veronica said...

Quite an awesome list you have there, Joyce. I look forward to seeing each and every one of those projects you've listed. Hope you have a wonderful new stitchy year!

Hugs,
Veronica.

sarama1987 said...

verry nics works

Lesleyanne said...

Can't wait to see your stitching in 2012. You have some great projects planned.

Isadarena said...

Oh !! Oh my darling Joyce, needless to say you that I love all your stitchy projects !!
The Serengety mandala looks already fabulous !!

Mouse said...

ooooooooo I say that's a rather ambitious looking list BUT >>>>>> where's my hummingbird ???? hahahahahah mind you the spring knotgarden looks lovely too .. wishing you steaming needles and giving lots of encouragement to you for a fabulous stitchy new year :) love mouse xxxxx

Wendy said...

ohboy, that´s quite a list !
I think I´ll stick to my 2011 resolutions when it comes to stitching goals ; nothing !
a lot easier to achieve, lol !

demeter83 said...

Wow, there are some beautiful patterns in that list. I wouldn't dare make a list that ambitious though, I probably wouldn't get through half of it!

Melissa said...

Good luck with all your projects. You will be quite busy :) I can't wait to see them all!

jcat0629 said...

I have full faith in you Joyce! You can get them all done in the new year & I can't wait to follow your progress.

Kielrain said...

Oooh. I can't wait to see progress on your wonderful list of pieces. So many beauties.

Anne said...

Picks up jaw off the floor.

Wow!! Those chats are dreamy!! Grace is gorgeous and of course the mermie!!! Love those pixies and I'm sure you will get them stitched in no time at all!!

HUGs!!

Kate said...

My money is on you finishing Grace before I do! :) Its a great list and I am looking forward to seeing them finished.

♥ Nia said...

So much to stitch :p
Good luck achieving your goals!! :D

Mangogirl said...

That's a stunning list. Good luck with finishing.

Jenny said...

All your pics are real beauties - the piggie is adorable! The mandlas are such works of art and the butterfly mandla is so sweet. Your mom will be thrilled, I am sure! I can't wait to see your progress on the Chinese and the Wildflower mandlas. Beautiful!
Oh, 'and I signed up for the WIPocalypse too, but I have still to generate the WIP list and round up the kits....
I hope that you had a great holiday and take care.

Valentina said...

What a list, with 3 Chatelaines! iIthink, if I ever get the courage to stitch one of those, it'll be just one at a time, they are big and complicated, they scare me, but they are all beautiful!

Sherry said...

Wow! I need to come up with a plan for 2012. You know you inspired me to add Lilac to my to-do list. And while I was looking at her I found Poppy. So she's on my list too! I can't wait to see your progress on these. They all look wonderful.