December 1, 2011

Dalmation Baby

I've always love Ellen Maurer-Stroh's Animal Babies. My friend, Brenda, and I are always making grand plans of stitching a slew of them in various configurations. I think we've gone from making an afghan to triptychs to I-can't-remember-what...

Reality always sinks in, of course, and awhile back I stitched Hedgehog Baby for hubby since that's his favorite.

Hedgehog Baby
Fabric: "Highland" belfast by Picture This Plus
Finished: Feb. 27th, 2010

My favorite is the Dalmation Baby. Everything about it is cute to me and over this Thanksgiving weekend, I decided it was about time I made a companion of Hedgie...

Dalmation Baby
Fabric: "Highland" belfast by Picture This Plus
Started: Nov. 23rd, 2011
Finished: Nov. 27th, 2011

They're going into the closet as well, on a different wall than the pixies. It's going to get so crowded in there... hehehe.

20 comments :

Vani said...

Seriously. Finished in five days! You amaze me!

Yvon (jioya) said...

They look adorable.

Hugs Yvon.

Minnie said...

Awwww! They are so cute. Good job.

Lesleyanne said...

Such a cute finish. Can't believe you stitched it in five days - amazing.

Mouse said...

awwwww .. they are cute .. different to the pixies n hunks though hahahah :) love mouse xxx

Rhona said...

Aww, they are soooo cute!

Diane (di) said...

Oh my goodness, too much cuteness. :) I really love both of them and boy were your needles smoking! Great job Joyce (and the fabric you chose is perfect)!

Katie said...

I've done the hedgehog baby. I decided after the time it took to never do another one haha. I did a Round Robin with 3 friends and we each did one. I need to get it finished or something. Congrats on your finish it's adorable. You are a very very fast stitcher!

valerie said...

Too cute! They're both adorable!

Pauline said...

Cute, cute, cute....!!!!!
I love them!

cucki said...

me too..
i love them so much...
soooooooooooooooo cute xx

rosey175 said...

Such a fast stitching, omygosh! They're both scandalously cute but I'm loving the daffodils with the hedgehog baby. Everything should contain daffodils. :D

Heidi said...

Ok, hedgehog baby isn't so bad........LOL!! Dalmation is still creepy!!! hahahaha!! :)

Giovanna said...

They're so cute! I just love the hedgehog baby's chubby little legs. And he's got my hair (before the grey), lol. Well done!

The Maiden said...

5 days!?! WOW! I love the new animal baby, especially the face. Too Cute!

♥ Nia said...

ohhh! both so cute =))))

Stitching Sweetie said...

They are adorable! I stitched Monkey years ago, as Hubby always called Maria our "Monkey Child". A few years ago I did a RR with her charts.

Nina said...

Wow, you're so fast! But he's adorable, so I understand why you couldn't put that needle away ;)

Tama said...

Those are sooooo cute! I always loved the EMS babies. You did a wonderful job!!!

Veronica said...

Yeah, those are super cute! I used to had plans for all of them too but sadly had to abandon them... Too much stuff on my priority list. LOL!