December 13, 2011

My Mirabilia Wall

I got a call from Michael's last Saturday night from "Tom, your friendly neighborhood elf," he said "and your beadwork is ready to go home!" This was about 8:30 and I was already in my PJs, but did that stop me? Noooooo! I threw on a t-shirt and some shorts... yes, shorts (winter in S. Florida is, as hubby says, paradise) and out the door we went.

15 minutes later, we were heading home with my babies. I didn't do a good job photographing the frames, the shine in them just won't come out quite right. :(

Petal Fairy
The left side shows the color of the frame. It has a greenish gold tone that
plays off nicely with the flower stalk and her dress.

Mermaids of the Deep Blue
The silver inner section and filigree mirrors the beads
on their tails perfectly. :D

I lucked out with my plans for my Mira wall. Circle of Friends had been in residence for quite a while on it. When I was stitching Petal Fairy, we thought it might be nice to have her on the same wall. Some measurements later, what do you know?? I can stretch her to be the same width as CoF. That's when the scheming began...

How could I have a fairy and the girls without mermaids? Wouldn't it be awesome to have three major groups of Nora's designs on the same wall?!! I had Mermaid of Atlantis slotted as my first mermie design, but she was too small dimension-wise but my other favorite, MotDB, worked perfectly!

I present to you, my Mirabilia landscape:
  • A fairy - basking in the warmth of the sunset. We have the most beautiful purple/lavender sunsets in SFL. My cousin says the fairy reminds her of me... who am I to argue? LOL!!!
  • The ladies - dancing in the fields. They represent me and my two 'sisters-of-the-heart.'
  • Mermaids - gathering treasures deep in the ocean. They represent four of my closest friends, Bren, Jen, Heidi, and Vanessa, who are treasures to me.
My Mirabilia wall. 
This is the view as you look to the left from the front door.

41 comments :

T.J. said...

What a gorgeous group!

Kielrain said...

really great grouping. lovely pieces all.

Loretta said...

Beautiful!!!!!

Ruth said...

Wow love your Mirabilia and they are beautifully presented, love them.

Jennifer M. said...

Those look so beautiful together. I wanna house like yours! :D

Jen

missy-tannenbaum said...

Wow, that's so cool! The three pieces really look great together.

cucki said...

wow it is looking so lovely xx

Valentina said...

What a beautiful wall! I'd love to have one in my house too, but I've just stitched a Mirabilia so far.

Pauline said...

It is beautiful!
what a great wall of fame :)

Lesleyanne said...

Your framed pieces are stunning. They look gorgeous altogether. Great job.

Reaper said...

What a beautiful collection! They look stunning all together :-)

Sarah said...

Lovely grouping and framing Joysze, they look stunning!

Mouse said...

ohhhh lovely :) what a sight to be greeted by when you come in ... :) and love that you almost went out in your pj's ;) love mouse xxxx

Katha said...

Your wall looks amazing.I really love the frames you've chosen.
I'm a fan of broad frames and the gold gives it a really elegant touch.

I want to stitch MotDB next year (I have the feeling everyone who likes Mirabilia has stitched them lol) and seeing your finish makes me even more excited =).

Katha

Lisa Dunn said...

Beautiful! They really look good together. :o)

Claudette497 said...

So gorgeous!

Kate said...

Stunning as usual and its lovely that they are all symbols of friendship - I wish it was sunny here :( the snow did not impress me today but at least it didn't stick around for two long.

TammyK said...

They're beautiful Joyce :-)

Katie said...

Wow! That's gorgeous.

valerie said...

WoW! The trio look great together! I love your Mira wall!

♥ Nia said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous :)
Stunning wall!!! :D

Juls said...

Wow!!!! Stunning!!!!!!! What an inspiration!!!!!!

Freddysmama (Kirstin) said...

Utterly stunning Joyce...

I love the leaf pattern wall hanging - is it metal?

Astrid's dragon said...

Wow, they are both stunning! Nice job choosing the frames, they look great. I especially love the mermaids, I'll be starting one in the new year.

katica said...

absolutely stunning! I love the frames you picked and the three together are beautiful!

DebbieSFL said...

beautiful...and the framing is perfect!!

ana~stitch said...

Joyce absolutely gorgeous work!!!

Theresa said...

Those are absolutely beautiful. I would be doing the happy dance also.

Kate said...

Beautiful grouping

Monique said...

Absolutely amazing. You must be so pleased to have such beautiful pieces. Makes me want to make a nora design right now:-) But I have enough WIPS so maybe it will have to wait for the new year.

Isadarena said...

Waouh!!!! Joyce, your Miras wall looks just fabulous : really ,really gorgeous !!

Esther said...

wow!!! that looks great!!!

Blu said...

They look fabulous! And you can really see the richness of the colours from the distance.

Ewa said...

They look gorgeous! I love how they all go but don't match since too much matching can be overwhelming. Lovely!

Veronica said...

Wow! Your Mirabilia landscape is just perfect! They really do work well together. You must be so happy.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Anne said...

Drools over your Mirabilia wall!!! Love it Joyce!! You are just like the fairy :D

Also I really love that iron (?) leaf hanging you have going on there. Such a stylish house!!!

Lissanne said...

Oh Joyce, these are GORGEOUS together!! Your house is so pretty with all your stitching on the walls! I am going to have to get back to stitching again soon!!

Heidi said...

Beautiful, Joyce!!! And you're so sweet (most of the time) LOL!! I treasure you too! (((hugs)))

Yvon (jioya) said...

That's a beautiful wall!!!
They are looking very good together.

Hugs Yvon.

The Crafty Princess said...

OMG That's so cool!! I LOVE it. I'm hoping to get a Miribilia finished in 2012. Look forward to stitching along with you next year. Have a great Christmas xo

Melissa said...

Wow! I love your Mirabilia wall. What a great grouping!