January 22, 2012

Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Chinese New Year falls on Jan. 23 this year and heralds in the Year of the Dragon.


My cousin and I, who moved thousands of miles away from home for school, were fortunate enough to land within minutes of each other with our jobs. As a result, while far away from all our family, we are able to have each other with which to celebrate the Chinese New Year feast.

We usually have our dinner before the first day of the new year, but since I had some teaching obligations this weekend, we opted out for the 28th of January. As it turned out, hubby came down with a terrible cold, poor thing, so it was great foresight that we scheduled our pigging out session dinner for next weekend. Food pictures will, as always, follow. ;)

Off to stitch...

19 comments :

Ann said...

Hi Joysze!
I wish you a very happy Chinese New Year!!!
Ann

Mouse said...

oooo enjoy it even more as that's my birthday :)
happy Chinese new year to you all :)
love mouse xxxx

Julie said...

Happy Chinese New Year.
Hope Hubby is better by then too.

cucki said...

happy chinese new year dear.
with big hugs cucki xxx

Giovanna said...

Happy Year of the Dragon! We'll be celebrating a family birthday that day - so we'll have a similar "session" to yours :-)

Tiffany said...

Have a Happy New Year and enjoy your feast later in the week. Hopefully this will be my year since I'm a dragon. :)

Topcho said...

Happy CHinese New Year! Enjoy it and have a lot of fun!

Melissa said...

Oh Yum! All I can think of is FOOD when it comes to Chinese New Year! We will probably do the same thing (celebrate next weekend).

Happy Year of the Dragon!

Susan said...

Happy Year of the Dragon! and enjoy your feast next weekend. We'll be celebrating DFIL's birthday but I'm sure he won't pick Chinese food 8-(

Lesleyanne said...

Happy Chinese New Year. Hope hubby is feeling better.

Freddysmama (Kirstin) said...

Happy New Year Joyce! Seriously looking forward to photos of your feast...mmmmm...

geeky Heather said...

Happy New Year to you and your family!

chris said...

Happy New Year.. I have jpined in your hermit weekend... just the sort of weekend I love.. looked back at your stitching and your Chatelaine is GORGEOUS!
Chris xx

Yvon (jioya) said...

Happy New Year, i hope it will be a good one!!!!
Enjoy your diner next week.

Hugs Yvon.

Anne said...

Happy New Year!! We are thinking about heading down to Chinatown tonight but it's raining horribly right now..so maybe not. I wish I knew someone who can make dumplings for me. I want some!!

Mireille said...

Happy New Year.
Hugs;
Mireille

♥ Nia said...

Happy Year of the Dragon!!! :)
Hope your hubby will feel better soon!

saramshobby87 said...

heel mooi, prachtig word het

Novia said...

Happy Chinese New Year. Where is my Ang Pao!!!!!