March 23, 2012

Friday Randomness

It's TUSAL time, and I'm only a day late! *giggle* But wait!! Before you guys think of vetting out any punishments, I have BRIBES!!! Yes, I do!!! :D

First off, my ORT jar. The newest additions of Sweet Pea threads are enjoying some company from my oncidium (dancing ladies) orchid.



Secondly, Spring has sprung! When we lived in the midwest, I loved spring. Well, I didn't enjoy the allergies, but I loved seeing life bloom. The colors are bright and fresh, the weather is crisp and cool. Nature is saying "HELLLO!!!!!" and what could be better than saying "HELLO!!!" right back with a frolic here and there? ;)





Told ya I had bribes. ;)

Third and finally, I was awarded the Liebster Award by Irishcream06.
Liebster is a German word meaning favourite, dearest or beloved. The Liebster Blog Award is awarded by bloggers to other new bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to help spread the word about their blogs and to help them gain wider recognition.

The Liebster award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:
1. Choose 5 up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers to award the Liebster to.
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blog so they know about the award.
4. Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.

I am honored, though it'd be impossible for me to single out just 5 blogs. Instead, I'd love to invite you to visit all the blogs I follow as they are all special in their own way.

5 Random Facts.... I can do random.... LOL!!!
  1. One of my biggest joys in life is to see a wildflower. Right there in the middle of nowhere, perfection!
  2. I wake up every Friday morning thinking, "I can sleep in tomorrow!!!!!"
  3. I can't swim... or ride a bicycle.... or rollerskate... or....
  4. I'm a homebody (see #3).
  5. I like to sit out on our balcony, listening to the traffic, cos it reminds me of home.

23 comments :

Kate said...

Snap! I was a day late too.

♥ Nia said...

Love your orchids! Always :) hehehe
hahha crazy friday mornings! LOL
Really? you can't swim? I love to swim! When I was a kid, I wanted so much to swim that I learned by myself :) I love-love-love the water :D

Happy weekend to you!!! :D

Yvon (jioya) said...

I'm late for the TUSAL too, i keep forgetting to take a photo!

I love your Friday pic's, the really made my day.

Hugs Yvon.

Mouse said...

hahahaha ... love the bribes .. the wee elephant and puppy is gorgeous ;) and you can't swim or ride a bike or roller skate .. coooo even I could do the latter two when I was younger and still can swim .. almost made it to a lifeguard too :)
love mouse xxxx

Diane (di) said...

Ya know, with bribes like that I can only think of two words...

THANK YOU!! lol

(have a wonderful week-end Joyce and I love your Friday Randomness, too.)
:)

Daffycat said...

Out ogling ORTs. Yours are so pretty! Of course, I'm only saying that because you bribed me with cute...puppies =)

Karen said...

Consider me bribed! Jason Momoa
....mmm, mmm, mmm.

Congrats on your Leibster!

lesli said...

Well HELLOOOOOO 6 packs! That made my Friday worth it!
Beautiful TUSAL...but even more beautiful are the orchids!
Congrats on the Liebster...I'm a homebody too and I LOVE it!

Rhona said...

Love the elephant! congrats on the award!

Deb said...

Love those orchids!! Gorgeous! the rest of the pictures ain't half bad either! *EG*

Otter said...

If I didn't have to go out into the world for work and shopping, I'd stay at home all the time. Love the photos!

Just because I can swim doesn't mean I like to...I don't. And my biggest dream in life is to go swimming with the otters in California, go figure. But I can sit for hours on the rocks at the beach and watch the waves come in. Too bad I live in the middle of the desert now, kinda makes wave watching a bit difficult.

Ewa said...

Lol - I love your bribes, by the way. I'm sitting on the couch, next to Boyfriend, doing my thing, scrolling down. "awww a baby elephant! Awwww a puppy! OH MY!!!"

yup... love you, Joyce!

Lesleyanne said...

Great tusal. Lovely photos. Your orchids are gorgeous.

Miamina said...

I love the bribes, thank you for that!

Well done on the award, it's great to know that people like what you do enough to single you out.

Topcho said...

Congrats on the award! And lol, the bribes XD You should have seen me scrolling down and going:
Aww
Awwwww
Oh!
Ohhh!
XD
And I LOVE your facts!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Oomph some lovely eye candy and I wasn't just referring to the orts!

Veronica said...

Gorgeous orchids. I used to stare at them as a kid imagining each flower as a well, dancing lady, of course ^.^

Bribe accepted. Mmm... Those six packs :D

Hugs,
Veronica.

Kate said...

Spring has definitely sprung here too - it was so frosty this morning, yet we are set for 20degC this afternoon and all week!
Such beautiful flowers! Yep, ALL of them ;)

Vani said...

I know you have been already given the Leibster award but I would still like to pass it on to you from me. Because I enjoy your blog so much. Please accept this offer from me aswell!! I have given you a shout out on my blog http://mystitchdiary.blogspot.com

Novia said...

You can't swim? What are you doing in Miami then? Why don't you move to let's say.. uhmmm Alaska? or something in the middle like uhmmm Kansas, it's safer for you ROFL!!! One day I'll throw you into the water and let the P's safe you LOL

Dana said...

Nice TUSAL pic. I still haven't posted mine yet...I keep forgetting the dates...Nice pictures of other things as well! My hubby can't swim, so it's my job to save him in a flood! My sister taught me when I was 4!

Anne said...

Love your dancing ladies and the fellas!! They are easy on the eyes...oops a bit of drool dropped!!! I love finding wild men right there in the middle of nowhere too!! HAHAH!!! No really I do! love wildflowers! I can't rollerskate either :P or skateboard or ski!!! I love your 5 things about you my dear!!

HMBW!!!!!!!!!!!

geeky Heather said...

LOL!! Oh, wow, someone else that can't ride a bike. Actually, since last year I can *technically* ride a bike, but I still can't turn. =P