October 24, 2012

IHSW and Legoland, FL

(Warning: SUPREMELY picture heavy post. You might want to make a big ol' pot for this post. Hehe.)

Sorry, my dears!! I'm so late with pictures!! On Monday, I forgot to snap a pic of the little bit I stitched for IHSW on Sunday night, and then time ran away from me on Tuesday. Here we are at midweek already and I'm finally getting some time.

IHSW progress first... what little of it anyways. I discovered, after studying more of the chart, that the two smaller butterflies of each three-butterfly set are the same on all four sides. (Wow, that was a convoluted sentence, LOL!) So, the one that I'm working on right now will be exactly the same as the jewel-toned one from the last few posts. Well, minus a bit of fudging here and there. This happens when I've left a small square unstitched and being too lazy to start and stop for one single stitch, go over it with the color I happen to be using at the moment of discovery. I'm usually thinking... it's over 1 on 32ct, no one will be able to tell!! HAHAHAH!!!



I've decided that I'm going to split vacation pictures into two different posts. I think it'd be more manageable where pictures are concerned.

We left bright and early at around 7am and were greeted by a magnificent sunrise.







I'm notorious for falling asleep on long car rides, but being busy taking pictures distracted me enough this time around and I didn't sleep one itty bitty wink. ;)

This was the exit we took for the hour or so minute drive to Legoland. Couldn't have said it better myself....




I have never seen such magnificently built Legos in my life. Lego figures were found anywhere and everywhere. We spent lots of time studying the structures and looking at nooks and crannies to find hidden gems.







Each character and letter is fully made of LEGO.

See the little mouse??? :D










Can you find the little LEGO people diving off the water?



Orange groves



Miniland was a sight to behold. The details and care that went into each building in each land was mind blowing. All the trees are grass are real and it was so much fun to see what we would use for miniature plants or ground cover become giant palm trees and big bushes.




FLORIDA


Kennedy Space Center

Daytona

Little Havana

South Beach/Miami Beach



Bok Tower

St. Augustine Fort



Tampa

Diving for treasure

State Capital in Tallahassee

Panama City

How cute are these?? Ground covers made to look like bushes and fruit trees!

Gators!! :D

LAS VEGAS



Here Come the Brides...




Ahhh... how refreshing! Guys in thongs!! ;)



PIRATES!

*Yo-ho, yo-ho, a pirate's life for me!!* This amazing exhibit came with moving and battling pirate ships.






SAN FRANCISCO


An exact replica of the Golden Gate Bridge

Sea lions at Pier 39

Transamerica Pyramid

Lombard Street


See the upset lady waiting to be rescued? Maybe the cute firemen
can calm her down. ;)

Cat lady!!!! :D

NEW YORK



Times Square

Empire State Building

AT&T Building (L); Helmsley Hotel (R)
If you enlarge this picture, you can actually see the hotel name.

 So many treasures in this picture alone.

Guggenheim Museum

WASHINGTON D.C.


Thomas Jefferson Memorial

Washington Monument

US Capitol

Lincoln Memorial. See Lincoln? :D

The White House...

... with the Obamas on the front porch.





VIRGINIA

Marine Corps Wars Memorial (Iwo Jima Memorial)

Arlington Memorial Bridge

CYPRESS GARDENS

Legoland, Florida occupies what used to be Cypress Gardens. In buying it over, Legoland pays tribute by keeping the the Historical Botanical Garden alive and flourishing, with further plans to restore this area.




 I don't know if I'd take her to the ball. Just sayin'...




This Banyan tree is found at the end of the trail in Cypress Gardens.See how small I am in comparison?

Roots to support itself.



 HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!






We spent a little under five hours in Legoland, two of which was at Miniland. The one complaint we had was that it got really hot from the lack of shade, and we were so exhausted by the heat that we left earlier than intended and bypassed a few lands.

Thanks for staying with me through this very long post. I hope the pictures were worth it. :) Stay tuned for Busch Gardens and then some.

48 comments :

carol fun said...

Thanks for all the great pictures - my "boys" ( 27 and 22) are Lego nuts and want to go visit Legoland soon. I think it looks like a fun way to spend a day --

Kate N said...

I cant be the first!!!! Yippee!
Stunning pictures joyce, it looks like great fun at legoland. I am crying though - its so sunny there! I have a song on my blog that I wrote and someone recorded for me! Also Shana exchange is taking forever in the post :( Your post has cheered me up no end, beautiful sunrise - jealouse?! who me? totally! :D

Kate N said...

Oh, I was second -well....one day ;) teheheh

Carolyn said...

Joyce,
I was late with my post as well. Your coming along with your stitching.

I LOVE legoland. It is so cool and it has to be time consuming on putting all those pieces together. We went to the one here in California and it was not as cool as the one in Florida. So glad someone wants to keep the Gardens open. Your pictures are awesome Thank You for sharing!

Marcy said...

omg! how freaking cute! I had no idea there was such a place. Thanks for posting all the pics.

And your butterfly is looking good, too.

Terri said...

OMG! I do that too!

Looks like your vacation was fun. Thanks for sharing all the pictures! They look so real!!!

cucki said...

Wow it is really looking so sweet..very pretty place
Thank you for sharing xxx

Emma said...

AMAZEBALLS!! I MUST visit the next time I go to Florida :)

Kaisievic said...

Wow! Legoland is amazing - I am in awe of how they made all of the buildings and figures.

Thank you so much for sharing with us.

SoCal Debbie said...

Your butterfly is beautiful. Thanks for the great pics of Legoland! We have one here in California, but I thought my kids were too old for it so we never went. I guess it's not too late, even though they're in their 20s now!

EvalinaMaria said...

The stitching is lovely and your vacation - well, I have no words to describe it. I never see so many legos at once. I'm sure you had awesome time, thank you for sharing pictures.

DJH said...

Great pictures! Thank you for sharing your vacation with us.

tiffstitch said...

That is awesome! If we ever go to FL again, that will be on the list.

Maggee said...

Your stitching is gorgeous--another beautiful butterfly! And the pictures of legoland are so great--thanks for sharing! Hugs!

The Maiden said...

I am glad you did not have to bypass mini Las Vegas, so cute to see my mini city! My favorite was the lego butterfly, still not as pretty as your butterfly update though!

Julie said...

Great pic's,and you both look like your enjoying yourselves.

McKenna C. said...

Oh the pictures are fantastic! I bet y'all had a blast! Now I want some legos....

~McKenna

Melinda said...

I must go to Florida and take my grandsons to LegoLand. Thank you for sharing all the pictures, what a wonderful adventure.

Katie said...

Oh we would LOVE Legoland. Thanks for posting such gorgeous photos. It would be so amazing to see in person. Glad you had a great time!!

By the way your stitching looks beautiful too!

rosey175 said...

ermergerd. ERMERGERD SQUEE!!

I'll just have to live through you until we go somewhere. Aaaaaaa. I think I'll bring an umbrella if we ever visit though -- at least I'll have some portable shade.

Anne said...

WOW !! and another WOW!! What fantastic pictures of your trip. I cannot travel so you have definitely given me and many others I suspect a chance to see the wonder of Legoland! Thank you very much!! :)

Bea said...

So many fantastic photos - thank you, thank you. Legoland looks like a great place to spend a day and what incrdible creations with those little bricks. If I ever get to Florida it will definitely be on my go-to list.

Your stitching looks lovely. Those butterflies are SO pretty.

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

wow! lots of great photos - legoland looks awesome! thanks for sharing :)

tadamama said...

Wow! I wanna go!

Lesleyanne said...

Great pictures from Legoland. Your stitching looks gorgeous despite the fudging.

Sarah said...

What an amazing looking day! Who doesn't love lego, totally jealous ;)

Ann C. said...

Amazing photos of Legoland. This would be a great place to visit if I ever get to Florida.

Bonnie Brown said...

Wow greats pics from Lego land! It is amazing what they can do :)

Ann said...

Just beautifull! Wish I would've been there with you :-).
Kind greetings,
Ann

Melissa said...

I absolutely love the colors of the butterfly you are working on. So pretty! And, I think exactly like you, no one will notice on 32ct over-one stitching :)

Legoland looks amazing. The foxes were adorable, and all those mini building. Very neat.

Yvon (jioya) said...

Great photo's, i can see a lot of places we have been to and a lot we still want to go to.
But that's where dreams are for!
I'm looking forward to your next post, good luck with the stitching of all the butterfly's, this one looks good, as always.

Hugs Yvon.

Reaper said...

Wow, that's so cool! I would love to go to Legoland someday it looks like a blast :-) I think my favorites are the otters on the rocks and the pirate ships in mini land. Glad to hear you had a good time despite the heat!

Linda said...

What great pics Joyce. Looks like you saw alot. I use to build stuff with daughter out of Legos. They are fun. But those all look amazing. Your butterfly looks great.

Linda

Lissanne said...

These are amazing!!! I love all the pictures, and those builders are out of this world to be able to do all this!!

I wanted to join ya'll in the stitch, but I lost my camera cord again, so no posting for me for awhile.

demeter83 said...

Wow, I can't beelive how intricate some of those models are, they're amazing.
And you're little butterfly is really sweet!

Heidi said...

The boys LOVED this post!!!! :D Hahaha, crazy cat lady, I love it!

Andie said...

Wow! Thats astounding :D

Angela said...

Thanks for sharing Legoland with us :) It looks amazing. Cypress Gardens looks pretty too, glad to hear you had a good time despite the heat. Looking forward to the Busch Gardens pics!

Susan said...

I know what I want to be when I grow up!! How cool would a job building Lego stuff be? I ride the train with a Park Ranger that works at the Lincoln Memorial, the Lego version looks just like him. LOL!!!

The Crafty Princess said...

OMG Joyse you weren't kidding. The lego displays are amazing. Thanx for sharing your photos. Very cool. xoxo

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Saved reading this until the Large Boy was with me. We love Legoland here and it was great to see the Florida version.
Miniland is our favourite part too although hubby prefers the rides!
Large boy liked the Hallowe'en themed stuff, especially the graveyard. He got alot of the new Monster Fighters stuff for his recent Birthday.
Love the banyan tree too.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow what an amazing place!!!!!

♥ Nia said...

Wooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! Thanks for sharing the photos with us!!! :D

stitchstitchknit said...

Legoland looks so amazing =)
I want to go there, too.
I once went to Legoland in Denmark when I was 10 years old and since then I want to go again ;-)

Anne said...

I can see the fudging!!!!!! Hahahah! Just kidding...I can't. Love the butterfly...is it the 4th?!?! Fabulous photos of Legoland! I hope one day to visit Legoland and you!!

HMBWWWWW!!

Bev said...

i would have loved to see that you look like you had a fantastic time, very jealous lol

Mouse said...

ohhhhh wow ... just had soooo much fun looking at these photos .... sorry I am sooo late in catching up with these ....nice to see you both *waves small paw helloooooo ....
done any more stitching ??? love mouse xxxxxx
ps its hermitting this weekend whoop whoop :)

Lana said...

Legoland Florida is a bit different from Legoland in California, it looks like! Now I am gonna have to go to the one in Florida too! =) Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!