May 8, 2013

A Post-.. or is it Pre-IHSW... Post?

I just checked the calendar and guess what? Another IHSW is coming up on us next week! This means that not only did I not stitch for April's IHSW, I haven't posted in three weeks!! Yech! I've thought about it and even had a post formulated in my head with cute pictures that a friend sent me, but nothing saw fruition.

I've been under the weather for the last few days and have used the opportunity to catch up on emails and some blog reading.

On my end, this is what's been going on, in a nutshell...

April's IHSW was a total wash! I didn't put one single stitch in. It was a horrendously busy week with work and all my best stitching intentions went out the window when we went shopping instead. At least 'shopping' starts with an "s." LOL!!

It started with me being too lazy to make lunch and suggested hopping across the street for a lettuce wrap at P.F. Chang's. Well, after lunch, I thought, why not stop at the Coach Outlet? After all, it was practically around the corner! My old bag is starting to fray and I needed a new one with a taller phone pocket. In we went and what do you know?? 50% off bags and 60% off clearance!! Well, really, how's a girl supposed to resist that kind of a sale and walked out with these beauties.




We live across the street from one of the biggest outlet malls in the country but the last time we stopped in was probably two years ago. Since we were there anyway... I mean, walking is good exercise, right?LOL!!

Sunday ended up being a movie day. I can't remember what we watched, but they were really good movies. ;)

Remember when I mentioned I needed a bag with a longer phone pocket? Well, that's cos I finally decided to put my 8 year old cell phone to rest and get an iPhone! With the notary signing job, I needed to be able to access documents on the road. I also needed a laptop and MacBook Air, here I came!!! :D I do love my tech toys. ;)



I did stretch out Lady A, but haven't gotten her framed yet. She's up on the bedroom wall though. I'm thinking of just a simple black frame for her. One of these days, we'll hop in to Michael's and see what we find. In the meantime, this is what she looks like on the wall. What do you guys think?



I managed to put a few stitches into a new pixie. I've started stitching Lily of the Valley for a dear friend, although, you might have to strain to see the stitches in here... LOL!



Whoah, this turned out to be a long post!! Apologies for rambling on! Till next time, lots of hugs from me to you. :D

18 comments :

Linda said...

Love your new bags and tech toys. Nice new start (I think). lol

Linda

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Glad to see a post from you! Lady A looks fabulous! Congrats on the new purses and tech gadgets. I have yet to get a smart phone because I am too cheap. More money for stash is the way I look at it!

Mouse said...

cooooooo a post quick alert the media hahahahah ... glad to hear you are feeling better .. shame about the non stitching but love the goodies from the shopping trip ....
manged to see the new start heheheh ...
having to sneak on DH's comp when he is not here ... think mine is a hardware failure WAHHHHHHH ....
hopefully stitching lots this weekend ... not trying to make you jealous or anything hahahahaah :) love mouse xxxxx

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely new bags. Lady A looks gorgeous. Great new start.

cucki said...

so happy to see a post from you..
love your new bags..
big hugs x x

tiffstitch said...

Very cute bags and tech!! And hooray for some stitching. :)

Carolyn said...

Hello Joyce,
Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comments. Your to funny.

LOVE those new purses. I can't resist a sale either. I can't resist a new purse. It drives my husband nuts.

Nice Tech Toys..My husband loves his tech toys. Just realized I love purses and he loves Tech Toys we balance each other out!

Lady A is beautiful and that is a perfect spot for her.

Look your off to a great start on a new pixie..Good for you as I don't have nothing to show. Maybe this weekend. I'm itching to be stitching...LOL...I make myself laugh...silly me....

Hugs!

Carolyn said...

Me again...I forgot to say I hope you start to feel better soon....

(((hugs)))

geeky Heather said...

I say the "S" can be "shopping", especially since you just such good shopping. =D

Lady A really pops there...I think a simple black frame will work great.

Love the Lily fabric!! And, um, those 10 stitches look great, too. ;)

Kaisievic said...

Love your new bag and purse. I bought my Coach bag at an outlet mall when I was in the U.S. last year - they cost several hundred dollars here in Oz, unfortunately out of my price range (much rather spend it on stash!).

Lady A looks fantastic!

Anne said...

Love your new Coach bag. They're expensive here! Love your Lady A too. I have been the same, haven't posted in a while, but trying to follow and leave notes on others blogs. I've been stitching a little, but the weather has been beautiful for a few days and have to take advantage of it, because it was so cold for so long! Then appts get in the way too. Can't wait for IHSW, and I think I will wait until after it to post pics of my stitching!! Happy Day to you! :)

Melissa said...

Looks like you had fun shopping :) I did my shopping last week and came home with a load of clothes.

I love the fabric you chose for Lily of the Valley. I can't wait to see more :)

Susan said...

Very nice bags. I really like the clutch, the colors are just too fun. I was one that thought I had no need for a smartphone, but now that I have one, it's hard to imagine going back to a regular one. Oooo, yes a black frame would set Lady A off beautifully. Very nice fabric for Lily - however many stitches you put are that many fewer you have to do later...

Emma/Itzy said...

Oh I LOVE the purse! I have such envy over the iphone...I want one! Lady A is looking wonderful on your wall and I agree, something simple :)

IHSW next weekend already!?! I'm sure these are creeping up on us faster and faster...I will make sure my diary is clear next weekend! ;)

I hope you are feeling better too :)

Topcho said...

I've been a bad IHSW-er lately too! I hope I'll be able to behave this month, lol XD Love your new toys (here I include the bags too, lol)

stitchstitchknit said...

I love your new goodies and I hope you're enjoying them =) I love the fabric you use and I am looking forward to see more of Lily of the Valley =) It's surely going to be pretty =)

Ann said...

Ahhh ... I love your tech toys but they're too expensive for my taste (if not I would've bought a tablet :-).
I love your two stitched pieces on your bedroom wall. Your lady is looking great but it's the other one that caught my eye! I have those charts in my stash for a (very) long time ... wish I would find the time to stitch them so this is pure eyecandy to me! ;-)
Have a nice day!
Ann

valerie said...

Great new goodies Joyce! Your Lady A looks great in that spot! Hope IHSW is more successful for us this time around! :)