July 11, 2013

Fancy a Butterfly?

Remember the times way back when when I used to post a lot? Or the times when I'd always post progress pictures? How about the times when I was always on top of emails and blog reading? OH OH OH!!! Remember Chatelaine pictures?

Yeah, it's been a long drought for sure and I do apologize for that and thank ALL of you for sticking it out with me. I'm not sure how long it'd be before I have time to get back to posting and reading blogs frequently but I'm trying. :D

In the meantime, I've gone back to working on Chatelaine's Butterfly Lace Mandala (WHEEEE!!!!!) and am happy to report that I've knocked down two over 1 butterflies in the last few days. That makes is six down and six to go. My favorite so far is this teal one. The combination of colors and tones is amazing!!! But what am I doing talking about it instead of showing it to you? ;)



Isn't that stunning?? Martina never ceases to amaze me. I love the shading at the outer edges on the wings. The colors are unbelievable in real life.

Here are the three butterflies on the left side. So pretty, so pretty!!! My mom better like this or I'm taking it it back. HAHAHA!



Most of the center of the design is done. I've started working on the outer borders as of last night. Watch for a scroll up soon!! :D

29 comments :

Ineke said...

Absolutely stunning!
Glad to see you're back stitching and blogging.

Jan said...

Just beautiful. Makes me want to get one of my Chatelaine's out and work on it.

Lynda said...

Great Stitching! Have missed your updates.

Lesleyanne said...

Absolutely beautiful. Sometimes life just gets in the way of everything we want to do.

Mouse said...

oooooooooooooooooooooo on all counts ..lol
if mum don't want it ... just saying heheheh ;) love mouse xxxxxx

Anne said...

JOYCE!!!! You are alive and stitching!! Hallelujah! OooOOooo!!! That butterfly is stunning and genius indeed. I have been horribly behind on all things to do with emails/blogging, etc. Hope all is well with you darling!!

HMBW!!!!!!!

Barb said...

Wow! That piece is stunning! Good work!

Candice Marie said...

Is Chatelaine the designer? Pattern name? It is gorgeous!

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Welcome back! Gorgeous stitching, as usual. Truly spectacular!

Claudette497 said...

The design is beautiful, but give yourself credit for your genius at execution - it's just gorgeous!

Laura said...

That is absolutely gorgeous!!! Glad to see you posting again too!

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

Great to see you back on the butterflies Joyce - beautiful stitching! The teal one is my fave too!

Marilyn said...

OMG!
What a gorgeous butterfly, and piece to stitch.
I also love the teal-colored one.
Great job, can't wait to see this completed.
I'm pretty sure your Mom will love it. :)
Marilyn

Annie said...

Stunningly beautiful!

Katie said...

Kinda of cute we are all impressed with the blog update. You don't even have to show us stitching. We are easy to please....Then you show us stitching and we are like wild coyotes howling at the moon haha. Seriously it's beautiful. Hope you can keep up the stitching and updating.

Terri said...

Wow, it's so gorgeous! Love the butterflies! I need to get my most recent Chatelaine out and work on it so I can buy the butterfly one! :-)

Great work!

♥ Nia said...

wooowww!!! :D
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! :D

tiffstitch said...

Woohoo! Congratulations on getting back to this gorgeous piece.

valerie said...

Stunning! So glad to see you stitching on this one. The butterflies are so gorgeous and have so much detail. Love!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Ooo, a new blog to follow LOL.

Love these butterflies, they look more like paintings than stitched butterflies.

I'm sure your Mum will adore them. If not then it would make the best giveaway prize ever!

demeter83 said...

I'm the same at the moment, don't stitch, post or comment anything like as much as I'd like!
This is looking absolutely gorgeous. I'm saving up at the moment, I thought for a Golden Kite kit, but seeing this makes me think I might be saving up for a Chatelaine instead... or maybe it's just for both! Looks gorgeous!

Susan said...

WOW! just WOW! Love that butterfly. The colors are amazingly rich.

Jennifer Catena said...

Completely beautiful! I love the shading too. Martina is a genius & your stitching is impeccable.

Shirlee said...

Someone said "stunning." That is indeed the word for this piece. Congratulations on such perfection!

The Crafty Princess said...

WHOA this is absolutely breath taking!!!! I agree with you the teal butterfly is my fav one too. So beautiful Joyce I can't stop looking at it. Find your mojo girl I need more please!

Alicia xoxo

SoCal Debbie said...

The butterfly is gorgeous, and all of them are beautiful! Thank you for sharing your wonderful stitching progress with us!

Rachel said...

WOW! Those butterflies are amazing! I love seeing the detail.

Shebafudge said...

The butterfly mandela is simply stunning. WOW!

Kate N said...

I cannot imagine that your mum wont love it! It is truly stunning and the butterflies seem so life like.