September 4, 2013

A Handful of Finishes

I've been a busy bee since finishing Butterfly Mandala. The initial plan was to jump right in and get back to Spring Knotgarden and finish that before starting Serengeti in November for a Chatelaine SAL I have planned.

What is it that they say about good intentions? ;)

Well... right after Butterfly was finished, I stitched a small for my aunt. I used part of the Weeping Violet design by Sweetheart Tree and added a poem to it. It's nothing flashy but she loved it's simplicity and sweetness.



Since I'm redecorating our office, I decided to put some stitching up on what I call our "Welcome Wall." This is the first wall someone sees when they come into the office.

First, I stitched My Big Toe Design's Faith. I've been wanting to stitch this design for a few years, but never had a place for it. Now that I do, I decided to bead the top and bottom parts and stitch the words. The frame and mat were from Michael's which, on sale, came to a grand total of $7.50.

The Particulars:
Faith by My Big Toe Designs
Fabric & Floss: 32ct linen, HDF, beads
Started: Aug. 20th, 2013 
Finished: Aug. 23rd, 2013




Once Faith was done, I decided to reframe the gift from Ana for a matching set.



Then, of course, once they were up on the wall, it just wouldn't do!!! The wall was too empty!! This of course let to another stitched piece. Framing cost: $5.00...

The Particulars:
Live Simply by Dimension
Fabric: 28ct linen
Started: Aug. 24th, 2013 
Finished: Aug. 27th, 2013




... and another piece...

The Particulars:
Let it Bee... by Dimensions
Fabric: 32ct linen
Started: Aug. 30th, 2013 
Finished: Sept. 2nd, 2013





I'm now happy to report that, picky me is now quite happy with our Welcome Wall after I went shopping this morning for the orchid and sun-ball. :)



Oh!!! And here's a picture of the the front desk area. We don't have a receptionist yet, so it just sits there looking pretty (unless we're closing out a case). :D

25 comments :

Michele said...

Fantastic finishes! I Love them all. I like there placing on your wall too. Good Job!

ana~stitch said...

Yayyy!! I'm so glad the girls have a new home:))
They look fab !
Hugs, Ana

Minnie said...

The welcome wall is beautiful.

Ineke said...

You've been really busy with all those beautiful finishes!

Jan Gartlan said...

Such lovely finishes for the walls. The office looks so great.

Tama said...

Everything looks great - lovely finishes! I've got that Live Simply kit somewhere; might have to dig it out since yours stitched up so pretty!
I love the receptionist area - 'specially that pink chair!

tiffstitch said...

Wow!! Lovely finishes, and so many of them. :) Nice job framing them so inexpensively too.

Veronica said...

Wow, you've certainly been a busy bee. All those finishes are great! I said it before and I say it again... You're a fast stitcher! Love how you have your Welcome Wall set up. Gorgeous!

Hugs,
Veronica.

Deb said...

Wonderful finishes and framing s. love the two little girls!

♥ Nia said...

Oh you've been busy decorating :D all looks so pretty :)
Hugs!!!

Mouse said...

ohhh the best laid plans of mice and Joyces ..lol and love your office ,,,, Hmmmm might have to stitch something for mine now .. and love that funky pink chair ...and the clock and the orchid and the sun ball .... hmmmmm nice office ...lol love mouse xxxxxxx

Shirlee said...

Beautiful stitching & display!

DayDreamer said...

What lovely finishes! I really like the "Live Simply"-one.

Lesleyanne said...

Gorgeous finishes. Your Welcome wall is stunning.

Linda said...

Great finishes Joyce and beautiful framing.

Linda

Anne said...

Hmm, no wonder why I haven't heard from you in forever...YOU"VE BEEN STITCHING!! Like a crazy lady! Love all the finishes and I have to say you have quite the hand in decor :D The pink accents are the best!! HUGGLES! Email me sometime!

Giggles rule! said...

Wow, my little finisher has been busy - such gorgeous pieces. I've missed you bunches and bunches....Wanda

The Crafty Princess said...

They look amazing on your Welcome wall! I also adore your Pink study chair, very cool!
Alicia xo

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love the beading on Faith, I had to get on the pc to blow it up to look at it properly and give it the attention it deserved!

The wall looks great, I love the way you've laid the pieces out. Do you think about Feng Shui when you're planning things like this?

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Looks very warm and inviting

Stitching Noni said...

Wow, what a lovely way to decorate your office. Gorgeous welcome wall :). You have been so busy... Can't believe how quickly you have stitched those designs :)

Ele said...

Oh, you have been busy! Love your choices :) great stitching

Rhona said...

What fantastic finishes...love them all. What a wonderful welcome wall, it looks gorgeous!

purple24 said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love all your projects you stitch and frame.

Wish I can frame my work like you. Tried a couple times and am afraid to try again. Is there a good technique to try?

Mdm Samm said...

This makes my heart sing , your stitching is a delight.