January 20, 2014

January IHSW Report

CLICK HERE for January's IHSWers. I encourage you to visit each other's blogs. I'm sure you will be as inspired as I am by all the beautiful projects out there. So that everyone will have a chance to post their IHSW updates, I'll start my blog visits tomorrow. :D

Hey, look!! I'm posting on the Monday right after our IHSW with update pics!! After a dismal 2013 of bare-boned posts on my end, aren't you guys proud of me? I'm doing so good for 2014! (Shhh, let's not focus on the fact that it's only January and we still have the entire year ahead of us. LOL!!)

I hope y'all had a great IHSW. I got the insane idea on Saturday night to finish Alien Cats with Temple Hats (hubby's name for Spring Knotgarden) done before my parents' visit. They're coming all the way from Malaysia, you see. What are they bringing me? Food. Lots and lots and lots of yummy food!! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it... saliva production has begun... stop thinking brain!!! Drool is bad for the keyboard!

Where was I? Oh yes... insanity. I have given myself nine days to finish SK. Well, at least the stitching. I think it can be done, don't you? All I have left to do is the top border, and while it's fiddly, once the first two colors are down, everything else sort of falls into place. Although, now that I think about it, I think I will try and finish the whole thing after all.

The initial thought was that my mom would enjoy watching the beading process, but really, after flying thirty-plus hours, who'd want to sit there and watch someone bead? Even if it's someone as lovable as me? Furthermore, knowing me, if I'm at the beading stage, I'd want to just get everything over and done with, and poor mom and dad would feel so neglected. Yes, yes, definitely finish the entire thing in the next nine days. Good idea, brain! Insane, but good!

Further on the thinking thing, I've been thinking about a Chatelaine SAL for a bit now. Things are starting to solidify and I'll do a separate post on that in the next few days. Why mention it now then you ask? Well, it's always fun to tease all y'all a little every once in a while. Stay tuned! ;)

All this rambling and no pictures yet? Yup, you read that right, that was a plural there. The flowers in the corner of Alien Cats (hubby started calling it "mauuu" today, LOL!) are too cute to not have a closeup taken. Do forgive the bump in the full pic. I was too lazy to unscroll it from the sizebars.




Finally, I'm going to send you over to Crafty Pretender's blog. One of my sisters-from-another-mother (and father!!! It occurred to me last night that since we only ever mention our mothers, we might be implying we have the same father. NOOOOOO!!! We don't. LOL!!!!!!), she finished the most gorgeous version of Paradigm Lost for her first IHSW. Amidst my cheers, I told her it's all going to be downhill from here. Hmm... in hindsight, maybe I shouldn't have said that... LOL!

31 comments :

Valentina said...

I'm so glad to be back in the blog world, expecially to see your gorgeous progess on Chatelains, I've always loved them.

Emma/Itzy said...

Well done on such the gorgeous project sweetie! What food is your mother bringing with her?!

geeky Heather said...

ROTFLOL at the alien cats...I totally see them!!!

Valentina said...

PS: I've forgotten to sign in, but I've actually hermitted this week-end, the first in a very long time!

Katie said...

Wohoo a post from our fearless leader. What a lovely post. I know you can finish. I along with thousands of others can't wait to see the pics. Good luck!!!!

Cricket-bug Corner said...

beeeeeeaUUtiful!!

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Your Chatelain is absolutely stunning! Good luck with finishing it on a tight schedule! You won't need more than an hour's worth of sleep a night, will you? I'm rooting for you!

Carla Eldridge said...

So beautiful!!!!

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

Wow Joyce, stunning and the prospect of a finish on the horizon - woo hoo!

CraftyPretender said...

Downhill on a slippery slope is fun! But you know, we'll be good this year!

Pull the other thread said...

Great progress. Good luck with getting it finished up.

Lesley said...

Gorgeous stitching Joyce.I love the colours and alien cats!!..yes I can see them.Really looking forward to seeing your finished piece.

Thea Wilson said...

Alien Cats In Temple Hats...... love it! My husband thinks everything I stitch is either an alien or a monkey! Beautiful work!

Leonore Winterer said...

Beautiful progress, you're really making me fall in love with chatelaines - though I totally can't get myself to see anything but alien cats in this one now *g*

Mary Corbet said...

Wow! That's a beautiful project - I'm going to have to look up Spring Knotgarden (though I like your husband's name for it better!)

Fidike said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Gillie said...

I forgot to sign in too,sigh, but I hermitted, finished something and posted.

Knot Garden is looking great!

Anne said...

Oh, its just beautiful, and I love the colours! All the best in getting beading done!! :)

Emma Louise Brown said...

It looks gorgeous!

Debs said...

Beautiful stitching! Good luck on getting it finished in time.

Brigitte said...

Oh great. What a productive hermitting weekend you must have had. A gorgeous project but a real challenge. You were doing great!

Melissa said...

Spring looks beautiful! I love the colors. Good luck finishing it :)

Xeihua (Sara) said...

Glad to see you back as well (I'll be annoying you if you stay out of contact for too long, as I'm decided to be a good girl as well I need someone else to do it with me eheheh :))
As per your "alien cats" It's looking gorgeous and knowing you... you'll probably finish it with 2 days to spare eheheh. And working as an incentive to make you want stitch even more.... think of all of us.... anxiously waiting to see your progress with puppy eyes begging for more piccies :)
Hugs,

valerie said...

OMG, Spring Knotgarden looks amazing! But to finish in 9 days?! Whoa...you better get those fingers cracking. I am sure your mom will love it and you'll have a great visit with your folks. I am still trying to get my IHSW post up. Time needs to stop flying so fast!

Tama said...

That looks so gorgeous! Best of luck with your deadline :D

Kate said...

Beautiful stitching, love your Chatelaines!!

Lonneke said...

I like insanity. :)

...especially when it comes with pictures! :)

Great progress!
Looking forward to your SAL idea.

Now go! Bead it!

♥ Nia said...

Your work looks so gorgeous :)))))

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I've been on FB too much, I want to click "like" on some of the above comments! Especially the one about our fearless leader!!

Great progress on the Alien Cats in Hat. Beautiful.

Shebafudge said...

Gorgeous progress on your Chatelaine.

Stitching Noni said...

Gosh, this looks so beautiful!
While I wouldn't want to encourage anyone to go insane.... it would be fantastic to see this finished in double quick time! :o)
I am so thinking that this must go on my Chatelaine list of must do's!
Hugs xx