January 27, 2014

"Meeeeooww" Peek, Anyone?

LOL!! How many of you knew what I was talking about in the title? ;)

Ok, *big sigh* I don't think I can have Spring Knotgarden aka Alien Cats finished according to my insane plan of nine days. No one told me that reading blogs instead of stitching could be detrimental to my finishing plans! Boo-hoo!

I did get good towards the end of the week though. Got all the stitching done late Saturday afternoon and started beading the same night. This was when insanity set in again and I broadcast that I shall have the beading done by Sunday night! Oh yeah, oh yeah!!

Fortunately, I wasn't cocky enough to announce this to the entire world since all I had to show after the weekend was a sore bum and a half-beaded project! Obviously, I underestimated the amount of beads in Alien Cats and overestimated my beading prowess. *snort*

I'm super psyched that so many of you are joining us for the Stitching Bandits' Chatelaine Challenge. I'll give this my whole attention once Spring Knotgarden is finished. On that note, here's a teaser. ;)

24 comments :

Lonneke said...

Very, very pretty!

Katie said...

Wow! Get back to beading. No posting until finished!!!

Ann said...

Your Spring mandala is lovely but ... why alien cats :-)?!
I'm looking forward at participating in the Chatelaine challenge however ... which piece to choose (I have so many of them on the go :-)!?

Lesleyanne said...

So pretty

Carla Eldridge said...

Hilarious! Sitting here at my office desk reading this and whispering things like "you tease!" And having co-workers wonder what I'm on about!!!

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

It's pics like this that get me in trouble........another one for the wish list! Beautiful, can't wait for the big reveal!

Xeihua (Sara) said...

Well done you :) great to see your proof of stitching/beading eheheh.... So if you did half in a weekend I'm assuming you'll have the other half done next weekend and a finish to share yeahhhhh :)
So now I'll keep my side of the agreement and I'll post my progress on the name :)

Sonda said...

Looks beautiful. I have the threads and fabric for the Caribbean mandala all kitted up, but I'm not quite ready to start it yet. Too many other things brewing. I am always tempted though when I see other folks' beautiful progress.

Susan said...

It looks great! I always over and underestimate the same things you do.

Marilyn said...

I remember the Alien Cats!
It's looking great.
Marilyn

Adrienne said...

Looking so good! Can't wait to see the whole thing!

Juls said...

Repeat after me stitching is fun its about the journey not the destination.......Your stitching is beautiful!!!!

Isadarena said...

Wow Joyce ....that is a fantastic beading : I love :)
Hugs ,

Brigitte said...

Oh, it looks gorgeous!

Kate said...

that is just gorgeous!! cant wait to see the whole thing!

Keebles said...

These are always so gorgeous! Maybe one day I won't be such a scaredy cat and try one!

Tiffany Pincombe said...

The fact you even managed to bead half of it is amazing to me! Looking gorgeous!

bells said...

Oh Joyce, that is just BEAUTIFUL!

Stitching Noni said...

Unfortunately I often fall into the blog reading trap and don't get my stitching done... it appears that it is very hard to do both at the same time!
Knotgarden is looking amazing! Can't wait to see that next update :o)
Hugs xx

Chris said...

Lovely Chatelaine stitching I guess I should join in as my Chatelaine has become a UFO!!
I might get it out and try a bit on it!
Thank you for the shove!!
Chris x

Leonore Winterer said...

Looking lovely - good look getting the rest of the beading done, I can't wait for the big reveal :)

valerie said...

Looking great Joysze! I am amazed you got as much done in the nine days as you did! So close and your mom will love it!

Brigitte said...

Oh great, your current Chatelaine WIP. It takes a lot of time and motivation to finish one of her designs. But they are so beautiful.

Anne said...

When you commit, you commit my dear! Go beading Go go goooooo!!! It's stunning so far Joyce! I owe you a pile of emails....I've been really bad with commenting.emails lately but just know I think of you loads!! HMBWW