Hosted by Measi, WIPocalypse allows us all to work on WIPs and show them off. What could be better? Ah yes!!! The finishes from those WIPs. :D
Want to take part? Click on Measi's name above and join right in. :D
For January, we're supposed to introduce ourselves and talk about our projects and goals.
The latter is easy since I have but a handful of WIPs and my goals have always been to finish projects as quickly as time allows. My list of projects this year are:
1. Spring Knotgarden
2. Serengeti Mandala
3. Mermaid of Atlantis (not started, but will be a WIP soon enough)
4. Some Nora Corbett pixies (not started or decided)
ETA: 5. Regal Tiger (see answer to final question below, LOL!)
As for the introducing myself part, this is a more difficult task. So, I'm going to steal the following questions from Jo's blog, via Silverlotus' blog, via Bonnie's blog.
- Which fabric do you most prefer? This is a toss up between linen and evenweave, depending on the project.
- What is your favourite fabric count? 32 count, baybee!!!!
- What colour fabric do you most enjoy stitching on? This, again, depends on the project. For Chatelaines, it's usually white or antique white, depending on how my mind's eye 'see' it. For Mirabilias, it's usually Picture This Plus linen.
- What is your favourite fibre? Don't have one.
- How many of the 450 DMC Colours do you own? Two sets of everything except for the latest colors.
- Of your last five finished projects—how many used DMC/Anchor as the main floss? One.
- Of the last five projects, if you didn’t use DMC/Anchor—what did you use? HDF silks, Dimensions floss in kits, a variety of silks as charted for Butterfly Lace Mandala.
- What needles do you prefer? Size 28 Piecemakers.
- What is the UGLIEST design you’ve encountered? LOL!!!! Would you believe me if I said I can't remember?
- What is the most BEAUTIFUL design you’ve encountered? This one is easy, Chatelaines all the way.
- Who is your favourite designer? Easy as well... Martina. :)
- Least favourite designer? I don't think I have one. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and what I do not like, doesn't make someone a least favorite designer per se.
- Will you/would you support a designer whose personal beliefs offended/angered you? Nope.
- Do you have a lamp especially made for needleworkers/crafters? Yeah, I use an Ott lamp.
- What brand of stitching lamp do you have/prefer? The Ott works fine for me.
- What kind of environment best suits you when you are stitching? This depends on my mood. Sometimes I need silence. Sometimes, tv-show-catch up. But always, I'm on the couch with my stitching stand.
- Have you stitched any design more than once? Yes, but since it's such a small design (the chinese character for Fortune), I don't know if that counts.
- Favourite design you have stitched and finished? I find this one really hard to answer. I'm a very picky stitcher, so I love everything I've done, and all for different reasons. TW's Peacock Tapestry because I stitched it from a hand-charted, OMG-kill-me-now chart; Chinese Garden Mandala because of the vibrancy of colors; Petal Fairy because she's my favorite Mirabilia design... you get my drift. ;)
- Least favourite design you’ve stitched and finished? As previously mentioned, I'm very picky about what I stitch, so it's a nil in this category.
- Last, but not least, what’s your longest running WIP? Regal Tiger. Damn it!! I really need to get that finished.