April 18, 2015

Update and Stuff

First off, thanks Rosey and Minnie for alerting me to the fact that those #*$#@!^ websites spammed our IHSW list. I'm so pissed off!! I can't believe simply-linked has relaxed their security so much. I'll be looking for an alternative to host our links from next month, but as a result of those freaking spammers, I've closed this month's sign up.

I'm flying back to Malaysia tomorrow. It's a last minute trip as my dad hasn't been doing well as his cancer has gotten really aggressive. I just spoke to my mom and he's improved quite a bit today as compared to the last few days. I'm not sure how long I'll be there but I'm praying for a miracle. Please say a prayer for my dad as well. :)

This will be the first time hubby and I will be apart for more than a weekend and I'm having a tough time with it. Ugh!!! Oh... did I mention that the total travel time will be almost 31 hours? Double ugh!!

The one thing I'm looking forward to? Being able to spend time time catching up with your blogs and hopefully eating lots of good food. I miss the food there.

Happy IHSW everyone!!

24 comments :

Lesley said...

I am sorry to read your dad is so unwell Joyce.I hope you have a safe journey.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

So sorry t hear about your Dad, I hope seeing his little girl will make him feel better.

Can you stitch on the plane?

Mouse said...

(((hugs))) seeing you will certainly help your dad ....make the most of the time catching up stitching reading and your home food intake ..lol
squeak to you soon love mouse xxxxx

Lana said...

My thoughts will be with you as you travel. And during this hard time . I hope you have a great visit, and get to eat a lot of great food!!

rosey175 said...

Where there is Internet, there will be trolls! I'm a bit surprised more linky incidents haven't happened, actually. G'luck with an alternative~

And I hope your dad enjoys his visit and you enjoy your visit with all the yummy food! I enjoyed quite a bit when I lived in Hawaii and it is super yummy. :D

Anne said...

Oh my dear Joyce darling, I'll be praying for your father and hope that he will be well. SEnding you huggles on the long plane flight. I know things will be okay. Your parents will be so happy to see you. xoxox

Cricket-bug Corner said...

Best wishes for your dad and your trip!

Minnie said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad, I hope he gains strength from you being there and I'm praying for you and your family. Have a safe trip.

Bea said...

So sorry to hear about your day. Prayers for a smooth and safe trip and for a good visit with your parents.

Kaisievic said...

Oh Joyce, I am sending all my best wishes and prayers to you and your Dad. Have a safe journey. hugs, Kaye

anastich said...

Best wishes for your dad, hope he gets better!

Claudette497 said...

Sending prayers for safe travels for you and comfort for your dad.

Tiffany Pincombe said...

I hope you make it there and back safely and your father is on the road to recovery. Safe travels and sorry about the spammers too.

Leonore Winterer said...

Have a save trip...I'm crossing my fingers for your dad and your family, wish you all the best.

Miamina said...

So sorry to hear about your father. You are in my thoughts, sending love and good wishes xx

Keebles said...

Your dad will definitely be in my thoughts and good luck!

Katie said...

So sorry to hear about your dad's health. Safe Travels.

Beth in IL said...

So sorry to hear about your dad. Safe travels and I will be praying for you. I hate spammers!

Terri said...

Hugs and prayers!!

Faith... said...

Safe travels, sorry to hear about your dad.

Thoeria said...

Oh dear Joyce {{hugs}} Safe travels...

Stitching Noni said...

Joyce, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad.... hope your trip home goes well.
Safe travels and take care
Hugs xx

geeky Heather said...

Behind on blog reading as usual...will add you and your dad to my prayer list! Love and hugs.

Zurainny Ismail said...

I hope you father is doing better now. Are you still here in Malaysia?