April 18, 2016

IHSW April, 2016 Report

Hello dahlings!!!! :D How were your IHSWs? Mine was a little shorted than intended as my biz partner and I had to do a last minute meeting on Saturday. That said, I made my objective of finishing up both of the upper corners on Serengeti. Whoop whoop!

I thought a while back that it might be fun to do a slideshow showing the progress of a Serengeti corner. Of all the Chatelaines I've done to date, this has the most intensive layering of colors in such an area. Martina never ceases to amaze me with creativity. (I ended up going a little further with the slides and included the lilies and agapanthus as well.)

Hmm, blogger isn't showing it very clearly. CLICK HERE FOR DIRECT LINKhttps://goo.gl/photos/NSskp1UzTa3Zd5wA7.

video


And a pic of both top corners done.

24 comments :

cucki said...

smiles and love dear x

Tiffstitch said...

Woohoo! congrats on meeting your goal and it's looking so amazingly beautiful!

Katie said...

Oh the video was fun to watch it come alive! Beautiful. Gorgeous work!!

Julie said...

Fabulous work.

kathysnest32 said...

wow. the color is beautiful. well done on getting as much accomplished as you did.
Kathleen Mary
https://kathysnest32.wordpress.com/

Firecrakr Projects said...

Love watching your Chatelain being stitched. It's looking so beautiful. I hope one day to do a Chatelain, but I am a little gun shy at the moment.

Bea said...

Looking so good! And a pat on the back for achieving your goal.

Mini said...

Congrats on achieving your goal. This is a beautiful project.

The Crafty Princess said...

I really enjoyed watching that in slideshow mode. Very cool! It's looks amazing, I'm always enthralled with your Chatelaine's. Great job stunner
xo Alicia

Rita JG said...

Thanks for the zoom-in pics! Stunning!

Lesley said...

Loved watching your video Joyce,the colours are beautiful,it is a fantastic piece.

Marilyn said...

What a great idea with the video.
It's beautiful!
Marilyn

Kate N said...

Hey Joycse, stunning! I really do love your stitching.

Emma Louise said...

It's gorgeous! I've got this chart in my stash :)

Terri said...

Gorgeous!!

Beth in IL said...

Well done!

Karen said...

That is beautiful, and it was such fun seeing it come together in the video!

Quilter Kathy said...

Love the video! So much stitching to see!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Those corners are gorgeous! I love seeing all the progress photos too. Sometimes you miss all the details when you just see the finished piece or area.

Kaisievic said...

Wow! So beautiful and such a good idea to create a slideshow - it was really fascinating to watch the corner come to life.

Brigitte said...

Wow, this is really a wonderful, colourful piece.

Renee said...

It looks fantastic!

Stitching Noni said...

Stunning! I love the colours in this :o)
Great progress!
Hugs xx

Lady Stitch-a-Lot said...

The corners look fantastic =) Great work =)