July 1, 2016

A New Start, A Lost Package, and A Needed Favor

It's Friday, it's Friday, it's Friday!!! That fact alone is a source of celebration for me. Couple that with the long upcoming July 4th Weekend and it sends me over the moon. Yes, I'm easy to please. LOL!

The good news first: I started Yexian!! You all know how I hate starts; all that vast expanse of fabric staring at me, taunting me about the daunting task ahead of getting it covered with pretty colors. Not to mention that unstitched fabric is so loosey goosey, no matter how taut I stretch it on the scroll frame. But, enough with the complaining. I got my butt in gear and started with the first color. 215 stitches later, I have a pathetic first pic. No... I didn't count the stitches. The app I use does that for me. Laziness at its finest. ;) Do disregard the gray mess on the left of the stitching. I was trying to mark some stitch count with a mechanical pencil. Needless to say, it didn't work. Ugh! Good thing that will be covered with the mat/frame, so all's well.



On to the bad news, y'all know about the 2 small gifts I sent to my friend and his wife right? Well, I sent it by USPS Priority Mail, followed the tracking, was deliriously happy when I was notified that it's been left on their front porch and then shocked when he texted  me after work to let me know that it wasn't on his porch! I was, and still is, speechless with disbelief. He checked with his neighbors but none of them had it and one of them thought she saw a package on his porch in the early afternoon.  They live in a very safe neighborhood and has never had a package lost. So, we're left with either 1. She was mistaken and the package was delivered incorrectly to another place or 2. It was stolen off his porch. Ugh!!!! I have a ticket started with USPS and they're going to try and see what the can find out. I feel so bad cos I was sending my friend picture updates and he was so excited to receive the package. Fortunately, his wife didn't know about it since hers was supposed to be a surprise. She's been going through a rough time with work and it was meant to cheer her up. So much for that. Arrrrrrrgh!!! I'm still hoping and praying that the package just got mis-sent and will be returned. In the interim, to cheer him up, I told my friend that I could send him high res pics of the framed pieces and he can print them out. :S

Finally, if I could trouble those of you with Facebook accounts for a favor: I'd mentioned a few posts ago about hubby's WW2 Website, When Lions Roared.  Since then, he started a FB page of the same name and I would like to surprise him with as many LIKES as possible. Help me out? :D

WHEN LIONS ROARED FB PAGE

When Lions Roared WW2

A shout out to Tiff - Thank you for the links to your great-uncle's story!

HAPPY CANADA DAY to all my friends in Canada;


HAPPY JULY 4th WEEKEND to my American friends;


and finally HAPPY WEEKEND everyone!!! ;) ;)
Yexian HAED

15 comments :

Katie said...

I see the progress since I'm a HAED lover. I think it's something only we can understand. Other normal stitchers probably think...It's a blob...why are you excited haha. I'm so sorry about the package. I really hope it shows up somehow. Have a great 4th weekend. No stitching for me. I'm going camping and dirt and stitching don't mix well.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice blob LOL Great things grow from small blobs. I am sure that's an ancient Japanese proverb.

But the parcel? They left a TRACKED parcel ON A PORCH. Aren't they supposed to get a signature? That is so neglectful. The person could have been away for the week or even longer. Or it could have been a totally different house. I do hope they track it down.

Thoeria said...

I'm with Jo....little things grow from small blobs :) Which ap do you use?
I can't believe that they just dropped a parcel off on the porch! No matter how safe a neighborhood is, that's just pure temptation! I hope they manage to find out what happened to it.

Bea said...

A blob is still both a start and progress - 3 cheers for blobs!

I can't believe any delivery company would leave a parcel on a porch in any neighbourhood. That's just asking for trouble. I do hope they can find it.

Happy 4th to you!

Mini said...

Great new start.
Leaving the mail on the porch is simply not acceptable.I hope they find it soon.

Karen said...

Oooh..I hope they find your parcel. That's terrible !

What app do you use?

diamondc said...

I am so sad your package was lost, I hope the person who has it will return it soon.
Nice start, a blob love it, lucky it can be covered up with the mat.
I have invited all my Facebook Friends to visit your Husbands Facebook page, I will continue to follow, I am still trying to get my Husband to create a Facebook page.
Happy Fourth to You and Your Family.

Blessings
Catherine

diamondc said...

I almost forgot to say Wowzer that boy is a hunk, love the low rider jeans on him.

Blessings
Catherine

Julie said...

I'm hoping the parcel turns up and someone has taken it for safekeeping as it was going to rain or something similar .... fingers crossed.

Cricket-bug Corner said...

Email me the lions link please

Lesley said...

A start is a start:)
Also hoping your parcel appears.

Faith... said...

It is a great new start and 215 is good! What is the app you use that counts your stitches for you?

I hope that the post office finds your package. That is heartbreaking that it is lost, I can't imagine what you are feeling.

Leonore Winterer said...

I still think you're strange for not liking new starts (we are all strange in out way, of course), but at your usual speed, that start will not remain new for long and will grow into something big and beautiful :D
So sorry to hear about the lost parcel, I'm always paranoid when shipping handmade things and will be even more now :( I hope they'll track it down!

Sara said...

So sorry about your package troubles, hope it is found and delivered correctly soon! I see progress on your start too, love watching things grow from the unidentifiable blobs.

The Crafty Princess said...

Oh man I hope that package turns up because thieves don't deserve anything good especially beautiful stitched pieces. So fingers crossed it's a postal error and it's located.

I liked your hubby's page too. As of today there is a total of 25, yay!!

Good luck with your new start. I hope you start enjoying it soon
xox Alicia