I'm irked

Apart from work, as in when I'm paid for my time, I think it's pretty safe to say that my time is my own. As in, if I tell, say my cousin, that we'll meet for dinner and then at the last minute decide that I'm too lazy to do it, I can pretty much cancel it and not have to worry about repercussions. Goodness knows we do that to each other every now and then.

Same as if I think I wanna go shopping 2 days from now and then change my mind and decide I want to stay home and either watch a movie or sew. My perogative, my time. Same as if friends expect me online at a certain time and I don't show up, cos well, I'm in a sewing groove. I do it to them, they do it to me... no harm done.

So why is it that with certain people they think that they can make demands of my time and that I owe them to sit here and either answer questions which, more often than not, escalates into an argument. This means that the limited time I have on the net is bust and that I can't sit there and sew and actually have some down time.

Cos really, it's not like my day isn't long enough or that I don't spend enough time at work or driving around and running around. Why can't MY time be MY time?

Comments

Popular Posts