Japanese Garden Mandala - Lantern Corners

This is chugging along wonderfully. :D I finished the 2 top corners last night and had loads of fun with all the Satin and Jessica Stitches. Martina noted that it was the stitcher's choice on using 1 or 2ply for the pine needles. After some thought, I went for 2 as it adds more depth and stands out better lying against the cross stitches.

I'm amazed over and over again at Martina's charting artistry and her knack for picking the perfect color combinations and using the perfect specialty stitches to achieve the look she's aiming for. Case in point, the light in the lantern.... it's a solid yellow, but with the Rhodes Stitches, it gives the impression of a 3D glow. Awesome!!!



Up next.... either the Crane medallion or the bridge. I can't wait till the bling goes in. :D

Comments

ArabicaMix said…
Hello I also began to embroider the Japanese Garden by Martina in January. I really like. This is a real Mandala, all elements, it makes sense!
You have a very neat and beautiful embroidery.
I live in Russia - Moscow. So excuse me for my not very good English.
Joysze said…
hi..... :) Don't worry, your english is perfect. :D I agree with you, this is a wonderful mandala to stitch. I found your blog!!! I'm heading over to see your pretty pictures, and oh my, what gorgeous flowers. (Thank goodness for Google translator. Hehe)
Xaver said…
This is chugging along wonderfully. :D I finished the 2 top corners last night and had loads of fun with all the Satin and Jessica Stitches. Martina ... japanesegardenlantern.blogspot.com

Popular Posts