Japanese Garden Mandala - with Cranes

Gosh, it's been awhile since the last JG update, but I've been happily chugging along at it. The East and West bridges, cranes, and bamboos are all done, and they are gorgeous!!!... if I may say so myself. ;)

The cranes are stitched over 1 and let me tell ya, stitching shades of cream and white on antique white fabbie is capital Y-U-C-K! However, despite all the groaning and griping, it does achieve a fantastic effect. :D

For the Jessica Stitch, the chart called for 4 stitches on the right, 7 at the top, 5 on the left, and 7 on the bottom. I adjusted them by adding one stitch to the right so the sides even and I think it turned out well.




I haven't decided if I'm heading North or South for the next batch of stitching... I guess it doesn't really matter.

Comments

Popular Posts