Sabrina Floss Toss

As we all know, one of the most exciting things about stitching is in the scheming and planning of a new project.

I fell in love with Mirabilia's Sabrina the instant I saw her, but didn't have a wall to display her in our home. Since I'm a destination stitcher, I had to make sure she had a loving home to go to before I commit to stitching her. Fortunately for me, my cousin loves her as well (what can I say, she has great taste, lol) and is willing to take her off my hands. (She already has the display wall picked out, LOL!!!)

After some adventure in fabric layovers and conferences with friends, I decided on Picture This Plus' Ancient on Belfast Linen. I thought the browns and grays of the fabric provided the perfect backdrop to her dress and I love how the reds and pinks of flowers pop on it.


The actual fabric brought with it a denser and more concentrated color scheme. The grays on the computer picture is actually more of a blue gray, and the browns are more of a golden yellow. Have to admit I was skeptical when I saw it as I wasn't sure if I like the mottling of the gray blue. However, I'm happy to report that seeing the floss toss cemented my original decision. It's hard to tell in the picture, but the blue gray that I was most concern about ended up being the part I love best once I saw how the greens and grays for her dress seems to blend and marry so well with it. I think this is going to be one stunning piece! :D

Comments

bells said…
LOVE the fabby you chose for this piece Joyce! She's going to look sooo lovely :)

Popular Posts