Taj Mahal Garden - Top Border Done

You know that Chatelaine WIP Slayer SAL I joined awhile ago with the intention of finishing Taj Mahal Garden by the end of Jan. 31, 2011? Well... I think it's safe to say that's not going to happen, LOL! Stitching has been going slow lately, and the light bulb breakage did not help.

I'm happy to report that a new light bulb has arrived and is safely ensconced in my OttLite and I've managed to finish the top 1/3 outside border of Taj. The picture just does not do the real piece justice. The colors are so vibrant and alive IRL and it constantly amazes me how reminiscent the colors are of India.


I couldn't resist taking a picture of the corner ornament. It reminds me of Celia's (from Monster's Inc.) hair!! Do you guys think so too? LOL!

Comments

Tracy J said…
It is so beautiful! Keep up the excellent work on this gorgeous piece!
Shannon said…
So pretty and you are right, it does look like Celia's hair LOL!
Pauline said…
Very, very beautiful!And we still waiting...maybe you finished this work more faster than you think at this moment!
Mercury said…
It looks beautifully and lovely. I hope to see completion of this work, I shall wait )))))
Isadarena said…
Wow !! Joyce, I love your update : congratulations on such a beautiful stitching :-))
I must admit that the design of the corner reminds me the hair of the woman in Mars Attack from Tim Burton : more or less the same hair...lol...!!
I hope you are well ,
Hug from Isa
Joysze said…
Thanks for all the compliments girls. I shall endeavor to finish this in 2011! :D
Sexy Fairy said…
So PRETTY!!! What next? Hummingbird or Peacock?

Popular Posts