International Hermit and Stitch Weekend

Tammy sent me an email the other day about the frequency of International Hermit and Stitch Day. To be honest, I couldn't have imagined that so many of you would be interested in this little hare-brained scheme that Kim and I thought up. So, I want to say huge THANK YOU for making the first one so much fun. :D

I really had a great time visiting all your blogs and looking at your WIPs, and in the process, getting to know you. There were quite a few comments about when the next one will be, or if it would be a weekly thing, and about looking forward to the next one. There were a few stitches that were busy on Saturday and stitched on Sunday instead.... which was awesome!

So, I'd like to toss a few ideas out and see what you guys think:

How about once a month? Let's say the 3rd weekend. It will give us something to look forward to through the first half of each month... to concoct and plan about how much we're going to enjoy our Hermit Day. I think once a week is too soon. We all have such busy lives and I'd like for this to be something we'd look forward to and plan for instead of something that becomes tedious.

I'd like to make it a weekend instead of just a day. This way, for those of us who are busy on one of those days, we still get to hermit and stitch. :D

We can post individually in our own blogs OR we can start an IHaSW Blog and post in both blogs. Either way, I will list your blogs in my Monday post after each of these weekends.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

demeter83 said…
I'm game. I may not always be able to do as much as I did last time but it'd be fun to have a date to settle to do some work each month, and I'm sure the darling other half could be convinced to go out occasionally, I'm sure there's some kind of football on or something similar!

And a blog would be fun as well, that way we could see how the hermitting is helping people to progress.
Patches said…
Sounds fun. Maybe I will join in next time
Yvon (jioya) said…
You can count me in.
This is a great way to take some time for myself.

Hugs Yvon.
Pauline said…
I love to join you and your idea!
Once a month ,i think, is the best possibility.
Have i needed a marathon of stitching?? haha, i have my smokey needles...
An idea of mine: in that weekend, take every hour another stitchingwork, so every work makes a progress.

greetings Pauline
Lesleyanne said…
Count me in. Once a month is okay with me although it will be a Sunday for me. I have to much to do on a Saturday.
Kim said…
Count me in! While I do try to stitch a little every day, one whole day devoted to it would also suit me down to the ground!
My Poor Hubby was so sweet last time, he cleaned the house around me and cooked the supper so I could hermit. I don't feel I can ask that of him more than twice a year or so! So I will join in in January and July, if that is OK. Of course I will continue to stitch lots and lots, especially with the new Chinese Garden to look forward to. Well done for organising it though, you have made a lot of people very happy xxx
TammyK said…
I loved joining in with you gals last time so definitely count me in :)
Joysze said…
Charlie, of course it's ok. :D It's all about having fun while doing this.

As Kim said, it'll be hard to hole up all day and stitch, so I think if we see this as our special day to stitch as much as we *can* without totally abandoning the hubby and kids, that works too. :D
Kttycat said…
I'm in! I love the idea of once a month and making it a whole weekend long thing.
Carolyn said…
This sounds great! Count me in. Tammy sent me here as I was one of those asking her when another one would take place. Once a month is perfect.

Thank you to Joyce and Kim for another great stitching idea!
Bec said…
Sounds like great fun! Count me in too!
Nina said…
It's really great idea and I'd love to join! :)
wendy111 said…
I think this is a great idea and once a month would be good. Count me in for next time

Popular Posts