2 Floss Tosses

It's been a great week for me on the stashing front. I'm not a big stasher, so these events are few and far between. I'm not a big started either, so those events are even more seldom.

However... I see, looming in my future, two oh wait... three new starts!! (I forgot about Chinese Mandala... how could I forget about Chinese Mandala???!!!)

When my parents were here, I told my mom I wanted to stitch her a Chatelaine. About perusing and deciding, we finally picked Hummingbird Sparkly Mandala. I've loved this since the day I saw it but it's difficult for me to stitch something when I don't have a place to display it. Well... that problem is no more as it will go on a wall in my parent's house! :D My mom picked Ray of Light for the fabbie. That came in the mail about 2 weeks ago. Europeanxs got all their silks back in stock (YIPPEEEEE!!!) and the kit came in the mail a few days ago. When Martina said that this baby is full of sparklies, she wasn't kidding!! The bling on this is going to be GORGEOUS!! I jokingly told hubby that mom might not get this after it's done. ;)


Next up is Petal Fairy by Mirabilia. She's one of my favorite Mira designs and I've been wanting to stitch her for a few years now. I blogged about a few fabric choices a while back and finally decided on Heather by Picture This Plus. The fabric is more than I can hope for... the lilacs and purples are soooo beautiful!!! I think I'm going to have a lot of fun stitching her.


I won't be starting either of these till Taj Mahal is finished, so I guess I should be stitching instead messing around on the computer, huh? ;)

Comments

Ineke said…
Lovely projects you are going to start! I know the sparkly Humminbird threads and beads: they are waiting over here as well. The computer does take a lot of stitching time, but is fun too ;o)
Nina said…
Wow, gorgeus stash! I'll be really looking forward to you starting these beauties :) And the lilac fabric will be perfect to Petal Fairy!
Esther said…
Whahahaha yeah go stitching girl ;)) instead of laughing at my albino chickennnnnnnnn ^^ ROFL

The stash is SOOOOOOO beautiful, it's a real joy just to look at it!
Lonneke said…
Very pretty. And how exciting!
Isadarena said…
Hey Joyce, your new future projects are both gorgeous : I am pretty sure you 'll have many pleasure in stitching them . You're totally right about sparklies of the Hummingbird Mandala : it is so gorgeous :-))
demeter83 said…
Can't wait to see them all, sounds brilliant!
So does this mean you're going to have three projects on the go at once? I thought you were a one at a time kinda girl
Pauline said…
I think to, that you should have a lot of fun with al these stitching projecs!
Topcho said…
Beautiful stash! They're so beautiful just lying there, I can imagine how gorgeous it will be once stitched! XD
Lesleyanne said…
They both look gorgeous. I love the fabric for the Mira.
Nic said…
I'd love to try a chatelaine and Hummingbird is the one which I love the most at the moment so I will be watching your progress on this with interest.

www.obsessivecrossstitcher.blogspot.com
Sarah said…
I've got Hummingbird Mandala in stash too. Don't want to start another one but I really like how it stitches up on black.
Joysze said…
Kim, oh noooooo!!! 3 projects at a time would kill me deader than dead!! LOL. The plan is to alternate Chinese Garden (since it's coming out in parts) and Hummingbird. As for Petal Fairy, I might stitch it as a detour project between Chatelaines.

Esther.... but your chicken is so darn cute!!!! ROFL!
Joyce, those faabies are gorgeous! Wow! on all the sparklies for Humming bird! I think I might have to twist my arm & get that one. (Don't tell Hubby that I've just been waiting for the tax return even though I told him I'd try not to buy any more until I got Holland finished.)
ana~stitch said…
Wow gorgeous stashing!! Lucky mommy! :)
Joysze said…
Mel, you could get it in anticipation of Holland's finish!!!! LOL.
wendy111 said…
Love your stash collection and floss toss piccies. Petal fairy should look fabulous on that fabric. I look forward to seeing your hummingbird grow - I love all the sparkles in this one

Wendy

Popular Posts