Chinese Garden Mandala - New Start

Martina (Chatelaine) has achieved the impossible... designed a chart that keep me on pins and needles for months waiting for the release date and, when the kit arrived, had me starting right away!!! The latter is akin to winning the lotto, cos goodness knows I drag my butt when it's a new start. There's so much do to, yanno.... iron the fabbie (stare at ALL that unstitch space), scroll up the fabbie (stare at ALL that unstitch space), hook up the scroll rods to the stand (stare at ALL that unstitch space), pull out the threads (stare at ALL that unstitch space).... you get my drift, LOL!!

But not with Chinese Garden Mandala, no sirrrreeee bob!! The kit arrived from europeanxs.com yesterday and of course I had to show it all around. My friend, Andi, was laughing so hard at me cos she said that I was like a kid in a candy store. Now.... let me tell you about Andi. She was the one that bought me the chart as an early birthday present and when I told her that I was expecting the kit this week, she looked at me (like only mothers of teenage boys can) and....
Her: Well, you should finish (Petal) first before you start it.
Me: Yeeeahhh..... but you know...
Her: No, I think you should wait.
Me: I don't know if I can....
Her: *nodding* You can wait
Me: Yeah... you say that now... wait till you see the stuff.
Her: *laughing* You can wait.

So, when the package arrived at work yesterday, I took it, beautifully wrapped up, into her office and opened it in front of her. Long story short....
Her: *eyes glazed* Oh wow... I love the colors.
Me: Aren't they gorgeous????!!!
Her: *eyes still glazed* I love how it's packaged...
Me: I know!!!!
Her: Wow.... this colors.... *eyes doing the vertigo thing*
Me: *smug grin*
Her: *looks up at me* You're going to start this right???
Me: Really? I shouldn't wait? *evil, delighted, smug grin*
Her: No... I think you should start it right away! And bring it in to show me!!!
Mwa-hahahahahaha!!! Sunk!! Quicker than the Titanic. ;)

Unfortunately, I had a massage session after work last night and didn't get home till after 8, and by the time we finished cooking, eating, and cleaning up, it was almost 10. But I was determined to at least get the fabric scrolled up!

So, out came the iron, in went the water (for steam),
Ironing board in attendance, fabric all laid out;
Next came the scroll rods, and let's not forget the tape....
Line everything up, twirl and dance about.
On went the scroll bars, tighten each screw,
Put on the scroll legs, they're very important too!!
Forget all that blank fabric, think of the story to be told,
When it is stitched up in a year, and displayed in full glory!

This has turned out to be a long post.... ok!! Enough words.... let's get to the good stuff, shall we? :D

Beautifully packaged kit

Floss toss

A new start!! :D

Comments

Rachel said…
Love, Love, Love, Love, LOVE!!!! Floss toss has me drooling :) So gorgeous! And a wonderful start, I can't wait to see part 1 finished in the recommended fibers! :)
Ineke said…
Absolutely gorgeous colours!!!
Of course you did have to start as soon as possible ;o)
Isadarena said…
Oh !!! My godness ....what a funny story to read and how is simpatic your friend ...I am seeing you ...like a kid in a candy store ......but we must admit the packages from European Xs look really Christmas gifts ....Lovely colors ...and Yes!!....already a little start .....you are lucky Joyce and happy stitching on this wonderful mandala ....you are tempting me ...lol...!!!
I wish you a lovely Easter week-end:-)
Joysze said…
Hehehehe, it's so awesome to have you girls to share this with. :D Makes everything doubly fun.

Isa, my dear.... now that Japanese is finished, I think you should start with me. ;)
Karyn said…
The floss looks so gorgeous! And you are the opposite of me. I love setting up for a new start. It's when I get near the end I start to drag. =]
Lou said…
Yeah on a new start! loving the colours of this one - looking forward to seeing all your progress : )
Elena said…
Joysze, I congratulate and envy "white envy"
Happy Easter!
anojaa said…
The colours are so awesome! I love the way you have made (quite machiavelic of you) your friend to tell you to start it right right away! I love your song on your chinese mandala beginnings. Can't wait to see more of it
Pauline said…
A very great story about your new start! I love really to reed this blog :)
And i wish you a lot of joy to stitch this new part!
Lonneke said…
Ohhh....
...drool....
stitch!stitch!stitch! hehehe
Sarah said…
Yummy floss toss!
Esther said…
WHAT are you doingggggggggggg....aarrgghhhhh....
You're not suppose to start this one!!! I lost my bet!!! grrrrrr

Okay okay it's LOVELY....hahahahah...go girl go ;)))
ArabicaMix said…
Congratulations!
Oh, what a beauty, it's a real treasure!
I wish you lots of fun with every stitch
ana~stitch said…
Oooooo yummy, what a gorgeous floss toss! Can't wait to see every little stitch! :)
Carolyn said…
Wow oh Wow! look at all those beautiful items. I can see why you couldn't wait to get started. Have fun!
Lesleyanne said…
What a great post. Gorgeous colours. Lovely floss toss. Can't wait to see your progress.
vEr0n!c@ said…
Oh my, the silk are so luscious! I could definitely see why you couldn't resist. Good start so far. Can't wait to see more!
demeter83 said…
Whoop whoop, can't wait to see this!
Novia said…
HA HA HA HA HA ROFL!!! Great NEW START!!!! I LOVE it when you become serial starter ha ha ha ha
Patches said…
can't wait to see more. Love the way the kit came packaged. Can't wait to get mine!
BlackCat said…
Great start. It is going to be beautiful. I love the colors. It makes me want to get my Chatelaine St. Pete's going again. :)
Mireille said…
W.O.W., I love to see the stuff :-)
I can't wait to see the updates.
Hugs,
Mireille
wendy111 said…
Yummy, yummy, yummy, I love seeing the full kit. I can't wait to get my eterna silks now, they look so gorgeous.

Popular Posts