Weekend "Crafting"

Well, this was not a good stitchy weekend. I was all gung-ho and excited about trying to see how far I can go on finishing Part 1 of Chinese Garden and I got almost nowhere, fast!

It wasn't a wasted weekend though. You see.... we bought a real honey of a TV and have talked about hanging it up on the entertainment center backing. The mount came in the middle of last week and hubby tackled it this weekend. However, because we were mounting it to another piece of wood, he had to reinforce the center panel. Thus began the first of 4 trips to Home Depot. That always happens, doesn't it?? It's never a one stop deal when you're doing home improvement.

Anyway, to not bore you guys with details.... we (and I use this term VERY loosely cos he did most of the work, hehehe) spent almost all day Saturday measuring, drilling, measuring, cutting, etc plywood to the backing. It's good thing that, unlike me, he measures twice and cuts once! LOL!!

Since you guys saw the before a few posts ago, here is the after. :D



I did give Chinese Mandala some love after Easter dinner last night. I promise this won't be the sad state of progress that it'll see. *fingers crossed* For you gaming gals out there.... don't you think the center looks like an 8-bit figure of an end level boss? LOL!!!


On a side note, I've discovered that I really dislike stitching with Edmar rayon. *makes face*

Comments

Your Chinese Mandala is off to a great start and love the room set up.
Pauline said…
Your home is lovely! Good work.
And chinese garden looks great, you have a atart!!
Yany said…
Very nice work, kudos to DH!! And I see your framed Taj!! gorgeous!!
Rachel said…
I have also discovered I do not like Edmar Rayon! What a pain to work with, lol. Your progress looks great (and yes, it does look like an evil boss out of an old video game, lol)!
Lesleyanne said…
Great start. Your home looks lovely.
Ailin said…
Love the repositioned tv. Looking good...
mdgtjulie said…
Eight bit figure of an end level boss is hilarious, and so true, lol. I love working my mandala garden. I'm doing Desert Garden Mandala, and it's been a really fun stitch. I hope the rest of yours is a fun stitch too!! And the TV looks great!!
Isadarena said…
Your home is pretty nice and your DH made a good work ....Oh, I hadn't seen before your framed Taj Mahal : so gorgeous !!! I love the frame and the matt you chose for it :-))
Great progress on your Chinese!!
Yvon (jioya) said…
You.ve made a start and i hope we can see more soon.
Enjoy your new tv.

Hugs Yvon.
wendy111 said…
Nice start, I look forward to the rayon! (I have never really liked using rayon). I forgot to say I liked your scroll finish from a couple of post ago - really complemented the design. Can't wait to see more of China (I need to do some more of this one too)

Popular Posts