Mirabilia Stitchy Plans

My mojo has taken a vacation. Apparently it felt that it was around too often during Petal Fairy and needs a vacation. Can you guys believe that???!!

I've taken the last few days to catch up on some tv shows,  re-read a book, a plan some future Mirabilias. ;) I must've done countless layovers for Mermaid of Atlantis. She was a really difficult one to place. I loved her on the browns, but was reminded that no Mermaid lives on land. *pout* So, back to the blues and greens I went.

Over the span of a week, I kept coming back to PTP's Lagoon. It was something that caught hubby's and my attention during the first set of layovers, but I was a little hesitant about the depth of the fabric color. However, Vanessa tells me that the color saturation won't be quite as heavy, and I've decided to go with our initial draw to this fabbie. I love how she looks like she's part of the scene instead of being place on after the fact, which was the case with all the other fabrics. I'm also hoping that the piece I get with have a lighter shading at a corner as well. We shall see. :) I'll be stitching her on opalescent as I want the feel of sunlight glittering on the water around her.



I'll also be stitching 2 of the Couture pixies, Fern as previously mentioned, and Ivy.

Fabric: PTP's Opal

Fabric: PTP's Ancient

Since I don't stash, everything is on order. :) And no... I will not be serial starting them all. LOL!!! I don't think my heart will be able to handle that. This makes my inner serial planner super happy, and maybe between Chatelaine parts, it will make the finisher in me ecstatic. In the meantime, I hope to keep you guys entertained with more WIPs.

And if that darn Ms. Mojo would cut her vacation short, I might have a Chinese Garden picture soon...

Comments

Andie said…
Ooooo I like that fabbie for the mermie! Hope your mojo comes back really soon! I always get worried if mine takes a holiday :D Looking forward to your CG update :D
Isadarena said…
Hooo Joyce, I love the fabric for your Merlaid : it looks like a deep ocean perfect for Atlantis :-) do you know that I am in the same mood as you ....I put my Marie-Antoinette on my floor stand to stitch on the new part and what ??? I am making cardboarding...??? just waiting for my japanese class, can you believe that???
Big Hugs:D
Pauline said…
you have a lot of works in progress!
and upcoming...
I love Ivy!!!
The Manbroider said…
The 2 Pixies are wonderful! Both on my Wishlist! The fabric for the mermaid is gorge! I love the greens and blues! I think almost all of our stitchy mojo's go for a breif period after a finish! I know mine does! Thats why it pays to have lots of bap's on the go so you never get that low after a finish! LOL!
I love the deep green too, the gold looks great against it.
My mojo has been alive and well since I recovered from the arrival of the small boy. I think it's the internet community which has helped, I worked on one piece for 6 months last year but this year I've had a mad crazy year and loved it all!!
wendy111 said…
Don't worry it will return! The mere fact that you have been planning shows it has not gone very far. Love the fabric choices, the MOA fabric is gorgeous.

Enjoy a non stitchy weekend!
Yvon (jioya) said…
The fabric for the Mermaid looks very very good, i hope that your mojo will return soon, i am sure it will!

Hugs Yvon.
So many beautiful ladies at once! I guess by starting them all at once you would suffer a beauty-shock :)
demeter83 said…
Love all of them, can't wait!
Mouse said…
ohhh that fabric is fab :0 hope the mojo comes back real soon and you can get them started :) love mouse xxxx
Topcho said…
Ooh, some plans you have! All those patterns are beautiful! And those fabric, simply gorgeous, all of them. Especially the one for the Mermaid, such deep and rich colours <3 So I just hope that your stitching mojo will be back soon, because I can't wait to see some progress on these!
Heidi said…
Hmph.......somehow I have to convert you into a serial starter!! LOL!! They're all gonna be GORGEOUS!!
anojaa said…
what amazing fabrics! Can't wait to see you start them!
Anne said…
Love the fabric for Mermaid in Atlantis!! It's absolutely perfect!!The other two pixies look great with the fabric you chose too. I get the mojo thing. I am having a loss of mojo myself now that it's summer and I want to be outside more than inside! Hopefully our mojos will come back soon!!
mdgtjulie said…
I totally understand how your mojo can go on vacation. (Without you!!!!) It's horrible. You know you should want to stitch, but you really don't. And you know you should stitch, and you don't feel like it. HORRIBLE!!! I hope your mojo comes back soon. Will say a prayer for you that you hold on to your sanity while it's MIA. At least you haven't lost all interest. You're planning fabbies, so all is not lost. Sometimes, a new start is great for getting mojo back. I just bought my chalice from PTP, and I was so impressed with their quick responses and super fast shipping and processing. I ordered on Tuesday, got it on Friday! Hope the same happens for you. I particularly like the MoA on Lagoon. It's gonna be sooooooooo gorgeous!!!
Mireille said…
Hello Joyce,
Good choice, I love the mermaids.
The fabric looks good and match very well with the mermaid.
So you will have enough work:-)
Hugs,
Mireille

Popular Posts