IHSW - August

Picture this if you will....

You, in your stitching chair, cuddled up with your current WIP or *gasp* a new start, stitching the minutes or hours or the entire weekend away without a care. Feeling the excitement bloom as single color stitches begin to the the shape of a leaf, a flower petal, the folds of a skirt, the wing of a butterfly, the ear of an ox (LOL!!!)...

Can you see it??? I know I can!!! LOL!!! I'll be starting a new piece..... *cue gasp* I know, I know... i new start and me... that's like oil and water. ;) But, I'm SAL'ing Pizzazz with Vanessa and we're each stitching a version on black linen for a friend. The plan is to have it finished this weekend... *fingers crossed*... although my cousin is gettting induced on Thursday, so we'll have a baby by the weekend. Regardless, I'll get some Hermitting in. :D

For our new Hermitting friends:
IHSW takes place every 3rd weekend of each month, for us to squirrel some time away for ourselves and "Hermit and Stitch." You can stitch as much or as little as your time permits, on anything you like, and on Monday of the following week, we post a progress picture and check out each others' blogs (all the links will be listed below). :D

Please post this event on your blogs and spread the word around. It was super fun blog-hopping and seeing all the WIPs last month, not to mention finding new blogs to follow. :D

Comments

Jenny said…
I am looking forward to the progress pics of your new project and your SAL.
Have a great time hermitting!
Topcho said…
Oh, I'm finally on time for the IHSW! Due to random buisness I was away exactly for these weekends and couldn't take part. And how I missed it! Can't wait for this weekend! :D
Nicola said…
I definitely need to do this! Am behind with Avarice. Need to show her some love LOL xx
Joy said…
My first Hermitting. I am excited, and thank you for the birthday wishes. I really appreciate it.
demeter83 said…
Wooo, I'm in. The boy's away this weekend, so it's going to be a proper hermitage and stitchathon, I have ambitious (and almost certainly unattainable) plans
Oh, I'm looking forward to this IHSW! Hopefully, I'll make some progress on my piles of WIPs as a result!
mdgtjulie said…
I'm so looking forward to this weekend. I want to get lots done on DGM, which is my project on Friday and Saturday.
Rachel said…
I won't be participating this weekend. It's my birthday on Sunday, so Saturday we are heading out on a motorcycle trip in the mountains :) Almost as good as stitching!! :D
Mia said…
I won't have much time to stitch with my younger DD's confirmation on Sunday, but what sparetime (lol!!!) I have will go to stitches :)
Adrienne said…
I love having an "excuse" to spend a whole weekend stitching!!
I might be going away, but Sunday is going to be pretty quiet, so I am going to hermit and stitch away! :)
Oh man, the month has simply flown by! At least my mojo has returned in time to join in :)
Gizzimomo said…
This'll be my first IHSW and it's all very exciting! Can't wit to see how everyone gets on!
Measi said…
Oh my goodness this group is getting big every month!
Blu said…
I think I skipped the last couple of months! Let's try this again...
Kate said…
fun! Never done this before but it sounds wonderful!
Anne said…
I will only be able to hermit and stitch on Sunday due to the wedding tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to finishing two projects and can't wait to see everyone else's progress!!!!

XoAnne

Popular Posts