Friday Randomness

200 followers!!! This is so exciting and humbling. Thanks for the company and I shall endeavor to keep you entertained. :D

Lions are near and dear to my heart. Apart from being my favorite animals, I had the privilege to play with some 8-week and 8-month olds in a lion rescue when we were in Zimbabwe and that memory will bring a smile to my face till the day I die. :)

These pictures surfaced on the net yesterday of a lion cub in distress. I can only imagine its heart-wrenching cry as it called to its mommy. I can't begin to imagine the lioness' feeling of helplessness and anguish as she tried to figure out a way to get to her baby.

Poor cub must have slipped and fell and now it hung on precariously...
all the while mewling for its mom.

Mommy tried to find a firm footing ...

... but had to give up.
The soil must have been very loose and slippery.

Up above, the other members of the pride were watching anxiously.
I can imagine them holding their collective breaths, all wanting to help...

Mommy tried again. A great big leap of faith.
Notice that she went down another path, this one must have given her better footing.

Holding on with fierce determination, she swooped down under her baby.
Those teeth that could tear prey apart, were gentle yet firm on her baby's neck.
A secure grip ...

... and up to safety they went.

Such love... such AMAZING, abundant love...

It doesn't matter the species, a mother's (parent's) love is glorious, unshakeable, unending.

Life gets so busy with work, kids, significant others, and we sometimes neglect to show our appreciation to our parents. Give yours a hug (if you're lucky enough to live close to them), a call, or send them a loving thought (if they're no longer physically with you). It will mean more to them than we could ever know...

Comments

Rachel said…
That is beautiful, Joyce. Thank you so much for sharing.
Pauline said…
What a great story in pictures!!!
cucki said…
very touching story..thank you for sharing it with us all dear..
big liony hug for you..cucki xx
Anne said…
Wow Joyce! Thanks for posting those photos. They are amazing creatures and I love them too. You were so lucky to have spent some time with some lion cubs!!!!!
Anne said…
Congrats on your 200 followers!!! YAHOOOO!!!!
♥ Nia said…
wow! Amazing to see that! Thanks for the pics :)
Congratulations on your 200 followers!! :D
I live 400km away from my Mum but I always call her and write emails, really.. all the time :p Even when she bothers me a little heheh I know she's at home and away, just a call or an email it's nice and makes her happy :)

Have a great weekend!! :D
Andrea said…
Thanks for making me cry *pokes tongue out*, but seriously that was a lovely story.
Novia said…
Beautiful pictures and story.

And then you read on the newspaper how parents (even moms) abuse their children then you really think that those people shouldn't have children from the beginning.
ArabicaMix said…
Joyce, thanks for the very touching story.
ana~stitch said…
Oh Joyce, I LOVED that story <3
Mouse said…
awwww that is lovely ... held my breath while I was scrolling down for that one ... makes a change from mopping up drool ..lol and way to go on the followers :) love mouse xxxx
Maggee said…
What a terrific blogpost for Friday! It will stay in my mind for a while! Hugs!
Ok, made me cry!

Miss my Mum and Dad. That's the thing when you marry someone from another country. They're in the middle of all the earthquakes in New Zealand - so not only do I miss them, I worry ten-fold...

Congratulations on reaching 200 followers :D Keep up the great work. Heart wrenching animal stories and hunky pin-up photos and the IHSW... I think you're onto a winning formula.
Taylor Grove said…
Aww that was amazing. Im glad the mommy lion got her baby. I thought for a minute there it was going to end sad. Congratz btw on 200 followers!
Ewa said…
That's really touching. Have you ever seen the Christian the Lion video? It brings tears to my eyes every time. I live with my parents right now. It's not easy, but at the same time I'm so grateful to them for taking me in at such a rough time in my life. Sometimes things don't go as planned, but somehow parents are always there to help us along. *hugs*
Stitching Noni said…
Congrats on 200 followers!

I saw the lions on the news - wasn't it amazing. Just goes to show what a mother love can do.

http://firefliescatsinthegarden.blogspot.com/
purplesunset24 said…
That is such an amazing story. Thanks for sharing. :)
wendy111 said…
Hi Joyce, a friend of mine had showed me these pictures and they are amazing - the strength of a mother's love! I have been a bit behind in my comments so I like you blog as it is your own design so keep it if you still love it. I find it very peaceful. I change mine all the time but I have never created me own.

I love the progress on mermaids as well. Love the fabric they are on.

I will start the 7th day of christmas soon but having 6 will be balanced for this christmas.
Bec said…
Oh my gosh! I started crying!
I am so relieved that was a happy ending!

The little lion cub doesn't look too happy being cleaned by Mum in the last photo lol.

I am so jealous!! I would absolutely love to play with some lion cubs.

And happy 200! I love reading your blog :)
Xeihua (Sara) said…
Thanks for sharing such a lovely story with us, and I'm so jealous f you for being able to pet a real lion, I Love cats, especially big cats. I'm very thankful to my mum for loving me and my brothers and sister as much as she does and for raising us the way she did (with rules and respect, something that unfortunately is not very common in my generation :()and now that we are more than 2500km apart I know she misses me a lot, so we end up talking on skype almost every single night :) (I'm so grateful for the new technologies :)
To finish just a HUGE congratulations for the200 followers, you know that means more people for IHSW eheheh
Veronica said…
Thanx for sharing those pictures, Joyce. They nearly brought tears to by eyes. A beautiful story indeed. I was holding my breath hoping for a happy ending. I'm glad it didn't disappoint :)

Hugs,
Veronica.
Giovanna said…
Thanks for sharing - what an amazing sequence!
Mireille said…
Everything of animals touch my heart. I have a cat who is like my baby. Anmilas ar so great. Thank you Joyce

Hugs,
Mireille

Popular Posts