My Weekend Stitching ...

... of Mermaids of the Deep Blue was almost non-existent.

Hubby and I cooked up a storm on Saturday as we had my cousin's family, including her parents who are visiting from Malaysia, over for dinner. The menu request was for Indian food, so I made curry chicken, bhoona gosht, aloo gobi, and cumin rice. Should've taken some pics...

The little bit of stitching I did was on Saturday night. I finished all the bright green kreinik in this stitching area and it's so pretty!!!


On Sunday, we ran some errands and after dinner, I spent all night reading Nalini Singh's new book, Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter). The fourth book in her Guild Hunters' series, this book deviates from the heroine and hero of the first three books, and I have to say, I missed Elena and Raphael. It's a good read, nevertheless.

Comments

Giovanna said…
Nice tail! :-)
Love the fabric you're using for this beauty.
Lesleyanne said…
Great progress. Dinner sounds great. Glad you had a good weekend.
Heidi said…
Pretty mermaids already!! And dinner sounds so good! :)
Anne said…
Yay!! More mermaid stitching! Love that green sparkle...so pretty! You should have taken pics of the food for me to drool over. I'm glad you had a good time!!

Hugs!

Anne
Topcho said…
The green is truly gorgeous! You got me curious about the food, I have no idea aboust some of the dishes, but they sound delicious!
Esther said…
Beautiful stitching!!
I want pics from the curry chicken, bhoona gosht, aloo gobi, and cumin rice.....aarrgghhhh...sniff....^^
Jenny said…
She is looking very good, Joyce! (..and now I'm hungry for Indian food... LOL)
Andrea said…
They are looking gorgeous!! :D Glad you had a lovely weekend!! I'm still laughing over your Guess who this is below!
Great progress Joyce! You have got so much more done last week then I did.
Veronica said…
Oooh... MotDB is looking great! The greens are really popping off the fabric.
Lonneke said…
Hmmm, these colors much be so nice to stitch on that beautiful fabric. Very pretty.
Bec said…
Gosh that looks beautiful on that fabby! :)
♥ Nia said…
Looking good!! :D
And such a beautiful fabric that you have there! Very pretty :)
Happy Tuesday :D
Jennifer M. said…
Pretty! Pretty! Pretty! I love things that sparkle. This is going to look amazing when you are done.

Great Stitching!

Jen
Your stitching is so pretty =) Those green colors just stunning!
jcat0629 said…
Yum yum on the dinner & even yummier on the WIP of MotDB! WOW I love it & can't believe I missed this. Gorgeous!
Lissanne said…
I am so lovin' this with the beautiful color of your fabbie! I can't wait to see her progress! I would love to stitch the Mira mermaids one day!
I recognized this piece as soon as I saw it. I stitched this piece several years ago, it was a great piece to stitch.
Nina said…
Oh wow, what a gorgeus start! I so wish I could start mine just right now...!!! :D

Popular Posts