Friday Randomness

The mind is a funny thing. It controls every single part of our body down to the very smallest cell. Said to be the most powerful "computer," it regulates our body temperature, powers our senses, and learns in ways we can't even begin to imagine.

And yet, it could be easily fooled. There are a slew of optical illusions that are geared for just that. Your brain can't wrap itself around why things your eyes see are not what they should be...

DO YOU SEE STRAIGHT LINES?
There is no image bulging out from the middle.
Check it with a ruler. ;)

HOW MANY BLACK DOTS DO YOU SEE?
There are none!

FIND THE MAN IN THE COFFEE BEANS.
This is freaky - once you find him, it's so obvious....

FIND THE 13 FACES HIDDEN IN THE PICTURE.
Can you find them all?

... and the biggest mindf*** ('scuse my language) of them all...
CLICK ON THIS TO ENLARGE AFTER READING THE INSTRUCTIONS.
Stare at the black dot in the middle of the picture and wait for a few seconds.
You should see a color photo.
Then, blink several times and you will see that in fact,
the picture is black and white!! :)

Comments

Xeihua (Sara) said…
I just love the photo one and the first two illusions it's amazing how our eyes can fool us so easily :) No wonder I get so many stitches out of place xD... Next time one colour is out of place I'll just say "oohh no!!! It's just an optic illusion... the stitch is on it's right place xD"
Mouse said…
well the bulges were still there when tested with a straight line ..lol found the bean chap ... the back dots kept flashing on and off and mmmmm couldn't get the picture to turn black and white think I might be weird???? hahahaah answers on a postage stamp ...lol love mouse xxxxx
♥ Nia said…
Those dots made me cra-a-a-a-zy! :p
OOOOHHHH!! the coffee beans!! that was hard :p
The last one is freaking!!!! :D
threadbear said…
That really hasn't done my headache any good ;-D
Maggee said…
yup--there ARE bulging lines, and we measured too!! I hate those jumping black dots!!
nikkin said…
Darn optical illusions....I need a drink, lol
Isadarena said…
That is too funny ...I could find nine faces in the phto and I discovered the man in the coffee beans .....thank you so much Joyce:-)
Jenny said…
Love it - thanks for sharing! I jumped on my chair when the color in the last one changed... :-)
Mouse said…
re did it with the enlarged photo and it worked this time DOH ..lol :) love mouse xxx
Veronica said…
Holy Smoke! My eyes... LOL! Love the last one best.

Popular Posts