Butterfly Lace Mandala

Early this year, when my folks were visiting, I 'talked' my mom into me stitching Hummingbird Sparkly Garden for her. ;) You see, I've been wanting to stitch her a Chatelaine, but I'm nothing if not my mom's daughter when it comes to being picky about artwork for our homes. LOL! So, after showing her some of the designs she liked on countless fabrics, she decided on Hummingbird on Wichelt's Ray of Light. The fabric and kit were ordered and all the DMCs were pulled, waiting for me to start.

Fast forward a few months to Martina's release of Butterfly Lace. One look at this design and I thought, "Mommy is going to like this more." But, just to be safe, I sent her both layovers on Ray of Light, and her response, bless her heart, was "That's much more colorful, huh? But you already bought stuff for the birds." Long story short, I told her not to worry as I love Hummie better anyways (LOL!) and I'll stitch it for myself on a later date.

Layover on belfast "Ray of Light"

The kit was ordered the moment Martina released the material list on November 1st... and it arrived from EuropeanXS today. Just silks and beads, but man oh man, the bling!! I had heart palpitations just laying them out for a floss toss picture! ;) All in all, there are about 87 DMC colors, and with the over 1 butterflies, this thing is going to be spectacular!!! :D I can't wait for my mom to see it, but first I'd have to finish it. Hahaha!

Beautifully packaged silks and beads from ECC.

Floss Toss

I'm thinking a January 1st start? I can hear the hootin' and hollerin' starting, hehehe. Before that happens, I'd like to finish another Mirabilia pixie before the year ends. It's a gift and I really need to get that out of the way. It's also important for me to keep up with Chinese Garden (the outer border is kicking my butt). Spring Knotgarden is going to have to go on the back burner for awhile though, cos Butterfly needs to be done inside of 6 months or so...

Comments

Nina said…
I LOVE Butterfly Lace and could easily see myself stitching it, lol! :) I'm really looking forward to your start on this.
OctoberLace said…
Lucky you! I have the charts for Hummingbird Elegance, but not the materials. I have so much on my plate in the next year with UCJC2012, among other things, that I'm not sure when I'll get to that one. I'll definitely be watching your progress. Theresa
Ineke said…
You lucky woman: to have the opportunity to stitch both these beautiful designs! The ECC package is gorgeous as always. You're sure you can wait till January ? ;o)
Yvon (jioya) said…
that looks spectaculair,i hope you'll have fun while you stitch it.

I can't wait to see it appear on your blog.

hugs Yvon.
Yummy yummy threads!! I'm hoping to have the threads gathered for this one myself by January - can't wait to see your WIPs, your stitching is ALWAYS soooooooooo beautiful!!
cucki said…
yup..yumyyyyy threads..looking so beautiful..i love the colors so much..so much looking forward for your progress on it..
keep well..happy stitching xx
Isadarena said…
Wow !!I love your new project Joyce: the floss colors and the beads are die for ....spectacular floss toss..another gorgeous stitching, right ?? What a great idea to start on it on the first of January :-))
Sarah said…
Beautiful threads! Sounds like your going to be a busy lady with those WIP's! Looking forward to seeing your progress :)
Ruth said…
Love Butterfly Lace and oh wow to the package of threads...Christmas and birthdays all in one.

PS. Love your extra help for the decorations... could you send me some for the hard to reach places lol.
Pauline said…
wow!
It all looks great!
I can't wait to see your start!
Lucky Mum, and lucky you having someone who loves your stitching too. It's great when our families appreciate our hobby.
Looking forward to seeing this one grow.
Mouse said…
ooooo love those colours of the silks .. and it is lovely but I prefer the hummingbird one :)sooo if you want to stitch it for me heheheh ;0
and looking forward to seeing when you do start it :) love mouse xxxx
Karen said…
I LOVE Butterfly Lace -- I'm so glad your mom decided on that one. Your stitching is so perfect...I can't wait to see WIPs of this.
rosey175 said…
Those mandalas are truly stunning! I'd probably never stitch one unless it was for someone else. Maybe if the butterflies and hummingbirds were playing video games. 8D Those flosses though! Delicious eye candy akin to lovely mans!

...now find a lovely man draped in the lovely flosses. Needle stoppages everywhere, ahahahah~
Katie said…
Wow both are simply breathtaking. I do agree with your mom though the butterfly one has more color to it. I can't wait to watch your progress.
mdgtjulie said…
The colors are lovely Joysze. I can't wait to see you tackle her. She's lovely. And Fern turned out beautifully too. Keep up the good work!!
Melissa said…
Butterfly Lace is going to be pretty! I can't wait to see your start on it. Good luck with the border in Chinese Garden :)
Kate said…
And this isnt a daunting prospect? It looks gorgeous and I have no doubts that it will be. I have stash envy already! lol! Hours of fun.
Minnie said…
You have got your hands full with those, I love all the bright colors. Enjoy your stitching, I will be enjoying watching it come alive.
Reaper said…
Butterfly lace is super pretty! I'll be looking forward to seeing you tackle it in the new year- your stitching is always so lovely :-)
valerie said…
87 DMC!? Holy Cow! The floss toss looks amazing. What fun colors. I am sure your mom will love it and I look forward to watching your progress!
Lesleyanne said…
Gorgeous. I can't wait to see your progress.
Kelly said…
The thread for butterfly lace is beautiful! You are so cute about wanting to do a Mirabilia pixie. To me that could be a year or longer project not something to be done in the next few weeks. Best Wishes. I am sure it will be beautiful.
Terri said…
You could always sell the hummingbird sparkly garden to me :-) Just kidding. The butterfly lace piece is gorgeous! I may have to get both of the above - one of these days!
Ewa said…
GASP! I had the same reaction when I received my beads for Greek Mandala yesterday (I'll email you in a bit). It's gorgeous! I'm rooting for the January 1st start. WOOT! GO JOYCE!
Andie said…
That is some gorgeous floss :D I'm not even gonna mention stashing! lol
Anne said…
Wow!! Absolutely beautiful!! Your mom will be so amazed once it is finished! Look at all that bling!! LOVE the colours in the chat!!! Drooling.....

HUGSSSSSSSSS
Definitely going to be gorgeous

Popular Posts