Friday Randomness & Happy IHSW


'Twas the Friday of IHSW when all through the house,
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;
The sun was in hiding, the clouds were at play,
The perfect weather to do nothing all day!

The clock chimed one, Joyce got out of bed,
To pay some attention to fabric and thread;
She'd taken vacation to stitch all day through,
On a last-minute Christmas gift she had to do.

The Olde Irish Blessing was calling her name,
She'd better stop blogging and get on the game;
So she bids you adieu and shouts out a call:
"Happy Hermitting and Stitching Weekend to All!!"

                                                                                                          - by SB & JL

It's still not too late to join us for IHSW!! :D

Comments

Mouse said…
hahahahah ... its catching then .... twas the weekend before christmas when all through the house the only thing stirring was a hermitting mouse !!! love mouse xxxx
cucki said…
he he he i love it..
i am in ,,,
happy hermitting..
stitchy hugs xx
Heidi said…
HAHAHA!!! ROTFL!! Joyce........you're too good!!
demeter83 said…
I love it, the rhythm is perfect, you have to stitch that!
Carolyn said…
Joyce,
What a cute poem. You can bet I am stitching this weekend! I so need time for me, me, me!

Sorry I missed you post regarding how one stores their flosses when stitching. I hope you can forgive me.

I will be glad when the Holidays have come and gone! I like them but it can be stressful.

Happy Holidays to you!
(((Hugs)))
Yvon (jioya) said…
i love your poem, i just put my needle down for a cup of tea,but will be stitching again very soon.

Happy stitching.

Hugs Yvon.
Jennifer M. said…
That is a cute poem! Very very creative girlie. :) Sunday is my hermitting day for sure.

Jen
valerie said…
Cute stocking! So lucky to have the day off and stitch! I'm jealous! I had to pick a new project due to stand/scroll rod malfunction!
Colleen said…
Love your poem....I'm gonna be a hermit on Saturday evening & nite & most of Sunday. Shhh...don't tell anyone which stitching shell I'm in. LOL....Happy Hermit weekend to you!
Katie said…
Didn't get to join in today. Longer day than I thought. So tomorrow after some shopping and Sunday I'll be IHSWing with you lovely ladies. Love the poem.
Theresa said…
Joyce loved the poem. I will be stitching the day away on Saturday as I had to finish Christmas shopping today.

Theresa
Kate said…
A cute stocking and a cute adaptation - stitchy bug ensues...:)
Isadarena said…
Oh my Joyce, what a lovely poem : I love your little Christmas stocking for Satish and you: very very nice !!
Pauline said…
Great poem!!
you are such a creative person...even in words!
Happy stitching dear Joyce!
Anne said…
Aw Joyce! I love your version of "twas the night before Christmas"!! Love your stocking!! Happy Hermitting!!!

HUGS
♥ Nia said…
Happy weekend! happy stitching!! :D
Love your poem, ROFL!!

But are you aware of the other meaning on being "on the game"? I suppose it's one way to pay for stash!!

Popular Posts